Grandeur of the Seas Cabin 8508

Carol28

I'm worried about the noise from above. Some cabins hear more noise than others. I'm wondering about Cabin 8508. We're going on the cruise in March and it's too late to change anything. When I bought the cabin, the RCCL person said this particular cabin was in a good location. Was he right?

We always stay on deck 8 in a JS on Grandeur.  We've been in 7 different JS.  Some are noisier than others, but there will be some noise in the early morning.  Carts being pushed across the deck, chairs and tables being moved, etc. But, it doesn't keep us awake and we love the location.  8508 is under the entrance area to the WJ, but that area is pretty quiet because right where the stairs and elevators are is carpeted.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BND said:

We always stay on deck 8 in a JS on Grandeur.  We've been in 7 different JS.  Some are noisier than others, but there will be some noise in the early morning.  Carts being pushed across the deck, chairs and tables being moved, etc. But, it doesn't keep us awake and we love the location.  8508 is under the entrance area to the WJ, but that area is pretty quiet because right where the stairs and elevators are is carpeted.

You've no idea how happy your response has made me.  Thank you. The idea that the area is carpeted makes me very comfortable with our room choice.

we have sailed in numerous suites aboard Grandeur including GS 8508 with no disturbances  overall our experiences we find the starboard forward suites much quieter than port forward suites.

this past Thanksgiving on our B2B we had port forward suites GS 8012 & OS 8004 and both were noisier than what we had experienced in the past.

enjoy your sailing aboard aboard GOS 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 11:19 PM, 2004corvette said:

we have sailed in numerous suites aboard Grandeur including GS 8508 with no disturbances  overall our experiences we find the starboard forward suites much quieter than port forward suites.

this past Thanksgiving on our B2B we had port forward suites GS 8012 & OS 8004 and both were noisier than what we had experienced in the past.

enjoy your sailing aboard aboard GOS 👍

We received an upsale offer from RCCL today for an OS. My husband was deliberating. But, re-reading your message has confirmed my opinion that we will stay put.