Quiet beach

caber

I am looking for recommendations for a quiet beach. I don't mind going a bit further away from Bridgetown. It doesn't need to have any fancy restaurants, just a beach bar, chairs, umbrellas and half decent toilets. I would like a sandy beach with no rocks or coral blocking my way to the sea. Any suggestions? 

Several beach clubs along Carlisle Bay offer chair/umbrella rental and use of their facilities - Check Harbor Lights and Lobster Alive.  Boatyard and Pirate's Cove are popular but probably too busy for you with water toys, etc.  All are about a $5 per person cab ride from the port.

1 hour ago, caber said:

I am looking for recommendations for a quiet beach. I don't mind going a bit further away from Bridgetown. It doesn't need to have any fancy restaurants, just a beach bar, chairs, umbrellas and half decent toilets. I would like a sandy beach with no rocks or coral blocking my way to the sea. Any suggestions? 

If any of the above helps then you owe me a pint.  I enjoyed the "heavy" a couple of decades ago, but whatever you local pours will be fine! 😎

37 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

If any of the above helps then you owe me a pint.  I enjoyed the "heavy" a couple of decades ago, but whatever you local pours will be fine! 😎

Thanks 😲

On 1/6/2020 at 12:44 PM, caber said:

Brandons Beach is everything you want and is close by...10 to 15 minute cab ride. You will probably even see your ship from the beach. Even with three other ships in port that day, the beach was not crowded. Rent chairs, buy drinks and food at Rascals, Here is the link to our youtube video of our cruise in Nov, 2019. The Barbados section starts at 10:20. Lots of photos of the beach...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDpEqRF_NDQ

Edited by existentialtraveler
  • Like 2

I do not get a chair or umbrella.  I am in the water from the minute the cab drops us off till a couple minutes before we leave to dry off.

Could husband get a chair and umbrella and me not?  Is there a fee to just get in the water?

The chair and shared umbrella fee at most of the places also allows you to use their facilites ( toilets, changing rooms, bar/restaurant, etc.).  It is a public beach, so if you don't need the facilites or chairs then just put your towel on the sand and jump in.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:41 AM, existentialtraveler said:

Brandons Beach is everything you want and is close by...10 to 15 minute cab ride. You will probably even see your ship from the beach. Even with three other ships in port that day, the beach was not crowded. Rent chairs, buy drinks and food at Rascals, Here is the link to our youtube video of our cruise in Nov, 2019. The Barbados section starts at 10:20. Lots of photos of the beach...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDpEqRF_NDQ

The beach looks great. Do you know how much the cab ride is? Price of loungers and umbrella?

On 1/11/2020 at 10:28 PM, lvz2cruz said:

I do not get a chair or umbrella.  I am in the water from the minute the cab drops us off till a couple minutes before we leave to dry off.

Could husband get a chair and umbrella and me not?  Is there a fee to just get in the water?

The usual practice in west Indies is to rent out two chairs and umbrella with current going rate at most beaches is 20-25 USD. When mutiple ships are in port and the establishment is crowded, they have no incentive to rent for less. Off peak time, they might negotiate.

If beach is public, there is never a fee to use beach or ocean. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love Brandon Beach, the problem is getting a taxi to take you there. The taxi drivers usually say that there is a problem there, such as no chairs available or no facilities anymore, because they want to take you further to get a bigger fare.

21 hours ago, Flash2 said:

I love Brandon Beach, the problem is getting a taxi to take you there. The taxi drivers usually say that there is a problem there, such as no chairs available or no facilities anymore, because they want to take you further to get a bigger fare.

I have never had a problem with taxi drivers  in Barbados, but I think that is because I get a cab outside of the actual cruise terminal. The drivers inside the terminal want to fill their large van cabs. After a short walk, we leave the terminal and always get a cab just for the two of us that takes us right to Brandon Beach, or anywhere else for that matter. No waiting for the driver to fill a van!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We usually hit Surfside Beach Bar in Holetown, or Coconut Court Hotel. Both have all the amenities you need.  Surfside has more locals and is quite small, and Coconut Court is a little further.  We're probably hitting CC this cruise because they have a great man-made reef, and we have a friendly little eel we visit !

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2020 at 3:00 PM, avalon1001 said:

.. and Coconut Court is a little further. 

We're probably hitting CC this cruise because they have

a great man-made reef, and we have a friendly little eel we visit !

Pics taken in/around Coconut Court's big tidepool

South coast of the island

CCbeach-185.jpg

CCbeach-186.jpg

CCbeach-217.jpg

CCfish-172.jpg

CCfish-180.jpg

CCbeach-230.jpg

• 2 weeks later...