Internet plans: now with up to four devices!

kwb101

2 minutes ago, Crew News said:

You can have as many devices using the same account but just not simultaneously.  You can add additional devices for simultaneous use at reduced prices.  That price will vary based on the length of the cruise.

Ah, bummer, I was hoping the plan would allow each person in the room to be on at a time rather than just one connection at a time for the entire room.

44 minutes ago, strickerj said:

Ah, bummer, I was hoping the plan would allow each person in the room to be on at a time rather than just one connection at a time for the entire room.

There are a couple of workarounds.

If your phone supports it, you can use it to connect with the ship's Wi-Fi then turn on the phone's Wi-Fi hotspot, to which other devices in the cabin can connect. Not all phones support this, however. My Pixel 3 does; I have read that iPhones do not, but I have no direct experience with those.

The other method, which will definitely work, is to bring along a travel router. Search this forum for "travel router", and you will find details.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, strickerj said:

If you have the same promo I do it is premium internet for each guest in the room.  (Guests 1 & 2) Meaning Guest 1 will have their own access and Guest 2 will have their access.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IPB4IGO said:

There are a couple of workarounds.

If your phone supports it, you can use it to connect with the ship's Wi-Fi then turn on the phone's Wi-Fi hotspot, to which other devices in the cabin can connect. Not all phones support this, however. My Pixel 3 does; I have read that iPhones do not, but I have no direct experience with those.

The other method, which will definitely work, is to bring along a travel router. Search this forum for "travel router", and you will find details.

My Galaxy S10 supports WiFi sharing, so I'll try that once I'm on board. Thanks!

12 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

If you have the same promo I do it is premium internet for each guest in the room.  (Guests 1 & 2) Meaning Guest 1 will have their own access and Guest 2 will have their access.

It was the Explore4 promo back in August - just checked the booking and it says for guests 1 and 2. So I guess we'll see... it isn't too big a deal since I plan to be enjoying the scenery, though my wife gets bored when I'm around. 🙂

10 minutes ago, strickerj said:

It was the Explore4 promo back in August - just checked the booking and it says for guests 1 and 2. So I guess we'll see... it isn't too big a deal since I plan to be enjoying the scenery, though my wife gets bored when I'm around. 🙂

That’s the one I have.  I asked my PCC for confirmation that we each get the premium package and he confirmed that it is per person and not per room.  You’re good to go!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

You can have as many devices using the same account but just not simultaneously.  You can add additional devices for simultaneous use at reduced prices.  That price will vary based on the length of the cruise.

You do not have to register the devices just the number of simultaneous accounts

Do you have any idea what that reduced price is for a second person using at the same time?  12 day cruise.

18 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Do you have any idea what that reduced price is for a second person using at the same time?  12 day cruise.

I wish I could give you an accurate number.  If my memory is correct, last December my cruise offered up to four devices and the additional devices were discounted around 20% from the full price of the initial device.

This question will be added to my May 14-day cruise list of things to report back to CC.

1 minute ago, Crew News said:

I wish I could give you an accurate number.  If my memory is correct, last December my cruise offered up to four devices and the additional devices were discounted around 20% from the full price of the initial device.

This question will be added to my May 14-day cruise list of things to report back to CC.

Thank you, Roger. You always have very helpful information.

Have a bit of a different question about purchasing premium internet package before cruise.  Sorry if this has been addressed before but I haven't be successful in finding the answer.

If one purchases the premium package on line before sailing, will the 5 start mariner discount be applied once we board?   I think if that is the case, I can talk my husband into it.

Thank you in advance.  I know I can count on someone knowing this answer.  

12 hours ago, highland cruiser said:

Have a bit of a different question about purchasing premium internet package before cruise.  Sorry if this has been addressed before but I haven't be successful in finding the answer.

If one purchases the premium package on line before sailing, will the 5 start mariner discount be applied once we board?   I think if that is the case, I can talk my husband into it.

Thank you in advance.  I know I can count on someone knowing this answer.  

I asked this question and I was assured by other 5*’s that their experience was that after they had prepaid,  the 5* discount was applied on board.