Boarded Crown Today. No Princess Cay

flyers1976

If I was on the cruise, I would care less as I think that any of the cruise line owned beaches are a total waste although an additional day of cruising is only worth marginally more.  However, if I did like any of the Cays, I would regard a measly $75 as totally inadequate compensation.

DON

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

If I was on the cruise, I would care less as I think that any of the cruise line owned beaches are a total waste although an additional day of cruising is only worth marginally more.  However, if I did like any of the Cays, I would regard a measly $75 as totally inadequate compensation.

DON

We are on the next cruise, I would love a sea day and $75.  

• Like 5

I like my water warm.  Two Christmas cruises, I found the PC water a little cool in the morning so I would be happy with the credit.

Yesterday water of Grand Turk which is close to Bahamas was really warm.

We missed Grenada on our Crown cruise we disembarked today, and got 2 ours off of St Thomas (9-3pm instead of 8-4), but got extended hours (7-5 or 6 pm instead of 7-2) in Curaçao which was great and $100 pp.
  • Like 1

I enjoy a nice relaxing beach day, so I would not be applauding the skipping of PC. 

I would also be concerned about the changes in the time for the other ports -- as the OP pointed out with his handwritten notations, every port except Antiqua has been altered, so excursions already booked with private operators might be messed up.  And learning about this change in the schedule on embarkation day is a little late for people to give notice to the private tour operators.  

Instead of praising Princess for a lousy $75 OBC (which, multiplied by the thousands of guests, is not insignificant) , I want to know why Princess could not have given notice to the passengers a week ago!

31 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I would also be concerned about the changes in the time for the other ports -- as the OP pointed out with his handwritten notations, every port except Antiqua has been altered, so excursions already booked with private operators might be messed up.  And learning about this change in the schedule on embarkation day is a little late for people to give notice to the private tour operators.  

This type of thing happens all of the time and the private tours will adjust accordingly. Many times ports are missed due to weather conditions and a good tour group will refund any money paid out to them.

• Like 2

We have missed Princess Cays more times than I can count due to wind. I would love to have $75 OBC! I have to say however, I am taking my sister on her first ever Princess cruise. We already have 3 sea days, so I would be disappointed if we missed Princess Cays! Not for me, but for her.

Janet

• Like 1

Just checked our Feb. 5th itinerary and it's already been changed online. Grenada eliminated, other port times changed. This must be a problem that that don't anticipate fixing soon, similar to the Caribbean Princess a couple of years ago.

17 minutes ago, Dbld777 said:

Just checked our Feb. 5th itinerary and it's already been changed online. Grenada eliminated, other port times changed. This must be a problem that that don't anticipate fixing soon, similar to the Caribbean Princess a couple of years ago.

Wow. Just checked our itinerary and it has changed a lot. No notification from Princess at all.... and we leave in 10 days. We dealt with this on the Caribbean Princess last year and I naively assumed that was not the "norm" with this company. Obviously I was wrong.