Where will you cruise in 2020?

BBMacLaird

On 1/6/2020 at 8:37 PM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

None on the list I’m afraid! Athens to Dubai in October on Pursuit.

Also La Gomera in February, Norfolk in May & Greece (Thessaloniki & the Peloponnesus) in June.

We are off t the Pelopenese, Stoupa in May. first a cruise to the Panama on the 10th March but that is with Marella

We are very excited to be doing one of the South Africa cruises in December.  Flights are booked and we are firstly spending a few nights doing Victoria Falls, a 2 night cruise on the Chobe River and Cape Town; all booked independently.  

We are off to Romania in May, then Corfu, then (somewhere warm and still to be decided) late summer.  

• Like 1

After our cruise from Tahiti to Auckland in January-February, which was great, we will be doing back to back cruises for the first time. We are travelling on Pursuit for the first time for the Baltic Highlights Cruise departing Southampton on 8 June, followed by Iceland Intensive departing Copenhagen on 23 June.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chromered7 said:

There may be significantly less cruising this year.

I agree, we are certainly not committing to any more cruises this year, until we have a clearer idea of how this virus pans out! As many have said it’s not the virus itself that is the worry but the consequences, quarantine, missed ports etc. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 10:37 AM, BBMacLaird said:

Perfect! I hope I can join the 3-ship party!

On 1/13/2020 at 9:51 AM, Bimmer09 said:

October 3 Rome to Venice on Pursuit with the meet up of all three Azamara ships in Koper to celebrate the company's 10 th anniversary!

Norris

Alas, I had to call Azamara yesterday to cancel this much-anticipated cruise. The lady on the phone didn't ask me if it was because of the Coronavirus uncertainty which I was expecting. No questions asked. 

The reason for canceling was that after 7 years of applying annually we succeeded in getting tickets to this year's Bayreuth Wagner Festival which was cause for celebration. Our tickets are for last week in August which was too close to our October 3 sailing date in Rome .

I did book another Azamara cruise-October 28 2021 from Rome to Barcelona with overnights in Livorno (for Florence), Monte Carlo and Barcelona. Our deposit and discounts  from our original booking were moved over and we got the same cabin 7116 on the Quest. 

Now we just have to hope that Germany's (and the USA's) current Coronavirus situation doesn't deteriorate drastically before August....

Norris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bimmer09 said:

I did book another Azamara cruise-October 28 2021 from Rome to Barcelona with overnights in Livorno (for Florence), Monte Carlo and Barcelona.

Thank you for rebooking Bimmer09. 
I’m Sorry you had to CX because you didn’t get tickets to your festival. But you have 2021 to look forward to.

• Like 1

We were looking forward to doing back to back cruises for the first time in June, but sadly, this will not happen. We are now looking ahead to next year. Many thanks to Azamara for allowing cancelled bookings to be rebooked with 100% Future Cruise Credit.I sincerely hope that Covid-19 is under control by then!

Edited by biggersn
More information
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, biggersn said:

We were looking forward to doing back to back cruises for the first time in June, but sadly, this will not happen. We are now looking ahead to next year. Many thanks to Azamara for allowing cancelled bookings to be rebooked with 100% Future Cruise Credit.I sincerely hope that Covid-19 is under control by then!

Thank you for your kind post biggersn. 

We look forward to having you onboard next year. 

Hmmm...I was so enjoying the positivity of this thread & kudos to Bonnie for getting us to look ahead, as I am determined to do. We are booked on Az Quest next year at this time to do our first ocean crossing (we found we enjoyed the LA to Papeete cruise on Journey in January so much that it debunked our fears of endless days at sea with nothing to do) from Rio to Lisbon. Then later in the summer we are doing Scotland (Aug 4 2021 out of Amsterdam) & we will follow it with a self-drive tour of the home of my ancestors - Ireland! We can't wait to be back on board Az and enjoy their unique hospitality again. You know how special it is when a waiter greets you by name & says he recognized you right away - after 3 years! The best!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, shedridt said:

Hmmm...I was so enjoying the positivity of this thread & kudos to Bonnie for getting us to look ahead, as I am determined to do. We are booked on Az Quest next year at this time to do our first ocean crossing (we found we enjoyed the LA to Papeete cruise on Journey in January so much that it debunked our fears of endless days at sea with nothing to do) from Rio to Lisbon. Then later in the summer we are doing Scotland (Aug 4 2021 out of Amsterdam) & we will follow it with a self-drive tour of the home of my ancestors - Ireland! We can't wait to be back on board Az and enjoy their unique hospitality again. You know how special it is when a waiter greets you by name & says he recognized you right away - after 3 years! The best!

What a lovely post, shedridt. Thank you ❤️

We look forward to having you and yours aboard in 2021.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2020 at 7:44 AM, nigelc said:

Not sure where I will cruise, but I know it will not be with Azamara - sorry, but in times of trouble I need to have confidence in the management of the company. 

I agree, not with Azamara, Viking Ocean is looking very good!

We are booked on the Quest June 8. FIngers crossed the world is back at almost normal by then.

If not we will take the FCC and spend it later this year or next year. I really dont get why everyone are so negative.

We are very blessed and fortunate to be able to cruise. We are working hard and look forward to our time away on Azamara,

We will keep on booking cruises and enjoy them all 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, I-Cruiser said:

We are booked on the Quest June 8. FIngers crossed the world is back at almost normal by then.

If not we will take the FCC and spend it later this year or next year. I really dont get why everyone are so negative.

We are very blessed and fortunate to be able to cruise. We are working hard and look forward to our time away on Azamara,

We will keep on booking cruises and enjoy them all 🙂

Sorry, but you would be negative if you have had to deal with Azamara at this difficult time. Indeed, rather than receiving my refund as promised, I am still getting e-mails from Azamara, including one an hour ago saying "we look forward to welcoming aboard" - my sailing out of Dubai has been cancelled by them for a week.  

Edited by nigelc
grammer error

Yes nigelc, the automated emails are more than a little disconcerting, as is the fact that two cancelled cruises are still on my "MyAzamara" . . . boarding like you today . . . I think not as I write from home "down under".

However, we have booked to cruise later in the year. 🙂

Edited by Baynanno1
  • Like 2

We have two cruises booked this year.  ( we have canceled two other scheduled trips)  We have tickets to The Open in July.....so, we are hoping that the world rights itself and we can cruise and attend a golf tournament that has been on my bucket list.  Our second cruise is Dubai.  We are hoping to attend the Dubai Expo....but, not too sure what Dubai’s plans are for the Expo.  I know there has been a lot of negativity posted lately, but this virus is beyond the scope of anything that the world has seen in our lifetime.  ( or at least mine)   Everything is changing minute by minute.  I worked in communications for the airlines during 9/11 and we had to make snap decisions, tip toe through uncharted territories and found ourselves paralyzed and unable to make decisions or communicate effectively because of new rules created by local, state and federal agencies. Our industry was devastated and will never be what it was before 9/11.  This is bringing back memories of the logistical nightmare of having planes grounded all over the world and passengers stranded with no way to reach them.     I could not even imagine having to be at the mercy of dozens of countries and the rapid changes that are taking place.  I hope all of those that got caught up in cruises that canceled at the last minute will be able to look back at some point and know that there is no play book for something of this magnitude.  I hope I have not offended anyone.  We just have to pray for both an end to this virus and recovery. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

We had quite a bit booked for 2020.  One has already been cancelled, but 4 others remain reserved with deposits.  Tonight I am not very optimistic.  What a difficult, crazy, challenging & extraordinary time!

• Like 1