Mykonos with Kids

mtcruise10

Hi there - arriving in Mykonos in July with two boys ages 10 and 8. A lot of the research I've done indicates Mykonos is great for walking the town, enjoying a nice meal on the water, seeing the windmills. Even the cruise line itself doesn't have a lot of options (and the ones they do have are too pricey!)

Any other recommendations for someone looking to explore without spending too much money? Is there a beach that's accessiable and nice for families? If so - how would you recommend getting there?

What about other fun things to do with kids? I'm kind of lost on this port so any advice is welcome. 

There is a very small beach in the town but if you walk along the path past the windmills you will come to a beach (I think its called MegliAmos)  where you can spend time. There is a small cafe and it's about 15 minutes walk. Mykonos town is very small so nowhere is far.

We're going to Mykonos for the first time this summer (also with kids). I've read that Ornos and Platys Gialos are both nice beaches for families. I've read that a lot of people will use the buses to get to various beaches - the South Bus Station (Fabrika) is in Mykonos town not far from the windmills. Here is a link to an article that has some more info https://www.mykonosbeachesguide.com/transportation/mykonos-buses.html

I'm still debating between taking the bus to Platys Gialos or seeing if we can just walk over to Agios Stefanos beach. 

On 1/11/2020 at 11:52 PM, mbovinet said:

I'm still debating between taking the bus to Platys Gialos or seeing if we can just walk over to Agios Stefanos beach. 

It all depends whether your ship docks or tenders.  If you dock it's not far to Agios Stefanos beach but if you tender right into the town then MegliAmos beach is nearer.