Bermuda Night Hours

nemesees

Wife and I are going to Bermuda for the very first time.

Our POCs are St George for 2.5 days starting Wednesday and Hamilton for 1.5 days.

We want to check out Hamilton’s Harbour Night event and need to get there from St George

and stay until almost the end but want to make sure we can get back to our ship in St George.

I understand it may take an hour each way by bus. There are no ferries between the two locations.

So either taxi or Uber. 

Not so much the rest of our stay as we can work around where and what to see, but the Harbor Night is something we want to see

They tell us that all shops and tour areas close early. (Maybe 6pm?)

Is that all over the island or just certain areas?

Harbour Night on Wednesday is available till what time?

Are taxis and buses less frequent as it gets later into the night?

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Edited by nemesees

1 hour ago, nemesees said:

We want to check out Hamilton’s Harbour Night event and need to get there from St George

and stay until almost the end but want to make sure we can get back to our ship in St George.

I understand it may take an hour each way by bus. There are no ferries between the two locations.

So either taxi or Uber. 

There is no Uber or Lyft in Bermuda. Only taxis. There is an app called Hitch which is a ride hailing and credit card processor for taxi rides that works well sometimes and can not work well at other times. That being said you won't have a problem finding a taxi in Hamilton. 

They tell us that all shops and tour areas close early. (Maybe 6pm?)

Is that all over the island or just certain areas?

All over the island-- Bermuda closes very early. There are some bars on Front St that are frequented by crews that are open into the wee hours but everything is pretty dead by 11-1130pm. We were on a similar itinerary last August and St George's closes even earlier-- most of the restaurants and bars were empty and closing around 10pm. 

Are taxis and buses less frequent as it gets later into the night?

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

There are others on this board that knows the busses better than I do but by no means do they run through the night-- I think they stop relatively early. 

Taxis are readily available in Hamilton later into the night. If you don't see one on the street you could always go to a larger hotel like the Hamilton Princess which will have a few waiting outside the front or try using the Hitch app. 

• Like 1