Catching an early flight to NY

gordylad

That would be a little close for me.  I would certainly do 11:05 from Fort Lauderdale but not Miami.  Too many variable getting off the ship, traveling to Miami and getting through security in Miami.  The real question Is:  what is your back-up plan if you miss the flight?  Additional cost?  Available seats?

The minimum you would have to do is Express Walk Off.  No putting out bags the night before.

Taxis are usually fairly plentiful but that would have to work perfectly.  We've waited in the queue as short as 2 or 3 minutes and as long as 15.  40 minutes to an hour driving to MIA depending on traffic.  Too many variables for us.

If you haven't booked it, I would book a later flight, noon+  

32 minutes ago, ECCruise said:
9 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Not according to their post:

depart the ship in Fort Lauderdale and catch a 11.05 flight from Miami?

sorry didn't read properly and with the correct info I would not try that. I have been caught too many times in accidents on that road that can cause hold ups.

9 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Not according to their post:

depart the ship in Fort Lauderdale and catch a 11.05 flight from Miami?

appologies 40 minutes to an hour driving to MIA depending on traffic.  

They are travelling from Fort Lauderdale airport

10 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

sorry didn't read properly and with the correct info I would not try that. I have been caught too many times in accidents on that road that can cause hold ups.

I tend to agree, too many ways to get delayed even once you get to MIA.

It is not that it is impossible, it certainly isn't, it is just that there are a lot of ways for possible to become impossible.

7 minutes ago, villauk said:

If you don’t hold a US passport, you can be in the immigration queue at Port Everglades (FL) for well over an hour. Our record has been 1hr 40 up to now.

I think things were a lot better with the new terminal. Last year we did a b2b on the Silhouette. The first leg and the final debark was in the new terminal 25 and it went very fast. None of the hold ups in the old 25/26 set up.

I am hoping for the same again this year.

In the old set up because we were in a suite we bypassed the bulk of the queue and were shown into into the Global Entry queue after getting our luggage since we had the Estas.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

We routinely are able to make an 11:15 flight out of Miami when docking in Fort Lauderdale. I usually arrange a private transfer (Larry’s Limo) and not a Uber simply because it might take additional time for the uber to Arrive and find you.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Why MIami?  Lots of flights from FLL to EWR and JFK. 

When I was booking my flights for February, it was considerably less to fly into Miami than FLL (I refuse to fly Southwest as they have screwed me over multiple times with delays of over 5 hours due to elective things). I also prefer American which has far more flights to MIA.

5 hours ago, gordylad said:

thanks folks think we will try for the 11.05 flight....last year we just hired a car and went to Orlando but from what I can remember we were out of the cruise port pretty sharp

So based on all of the negative responses, you decided to book the 11:00 flight. 😲

Good Luck with your flight.

23 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

When I was booking my flights for February, it was considerably less to fly into Miami than FLL (I refuse to fly Southwest as they have screwed me over multiple times with delays of over 5 hours due to elective things). I also prefer American which has far more flights to MIA.

Spring break drives Feb FLL prices higher.  Have had decent luck waiting until last minute to book.  Personally, from NY area I'll take Jet Blue over AA or UAL any time.  More legroom, comfier seat cushions and Direct TV on every flight.

38 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Spring break drives Feb FLL prices higher.  Have had decent luck waiting until last minute to book.  Personally, from NY area I'll take Jet Blue over AA or UAL any time.  More legroom, comfier seat cushions and Direct TV on every flight.

I like JetBlue as well, but it was over $300 MORE than AA in their premium economy (more leg room, comfier seats, free alcohol - I couldn’t care less about TV) so AA won out.

I also don’t wait until the last minute for a vacation I AM taking. I would hate to lose the money I spent for a cruise because there either were no seats or the prices were ridiculous.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart