Divina-Jan 7th 2020

joeyjeremiah

We were supposed to be off the ship at 8;00am. We didn’t get off until 2:00. It was the worst disembarkation I’ve experienced and I’m not new to MSC. There was no organization or directions   It ended up being just a long queue. There were punches thrown multiple times between passengers as people were in line for hours and a second line formed so it was chaos were they merged. There wasn’t enough staff to control things and police and border guards came on-board to help control things. It was not a good situation at all. I understand that customs was slow and that is out of MSC’s hands, but the passengers made things worse and MSC did not have things setup properly so the poor crew members were stuck in a no win situation. 

Was this a one off situation, or does MSC/customs have issues in Miami( e.g. labor slow down, lack of staff, general disorganization)? We have sailed out of Miami many times and embarkation and disembarkation has always been efficient. We are on the Divina on the 31st and I am wondering if I should change embarkation/disembarkation plans.

Since we are on the next sailing, I would really be interested to know the cause of the delay in disembarkation.  We would have missed our return flight had we encountered this type of delay.  This would also mean that all those people were stuck in line waiting to embark.  What a mess.  

1 hour ago, mistertoaster said:

We are on the Divina on the 31st and I am wondering if I should change embarkation/disembarkation plans.

Your embarkation should be fine. If you are only on a seven night you will be fine for debarkation as well. Any time the ship stops in Colombia, embarkation/debarkation is severely delayed.

3 minutes ago, QueenofEverything said:

I see from the port webcam it is still there.  Was supposed to sail an hour and a half ago.  Would be interesting to know whats up

This sailing starting now is a charter for the Jam Cruise (https://jamcruise.com/). With all the special equipment they have to load and the late debarkation, sailing late doesn't surprise me.

Bret

Today was an exception. This is my 3rd Miami cruise on the Divina. My first cruise embarkation was delayed because the ship had stopped in Colombia on the previous cruise but I think embarkation had started by about 1:00 that cruise. 
I’m sure videos of the chaos will be showing up on YouTube in the coming days as people were yelling and screaming, chanting, fighting and almost rioting. It isn’t the norm and was exceptionally bad and chaotic.  

On 1/7/2020 at 5:33 PM, cruiseguyinorl said:

Your embarkation should be fine. If you are only on a seven night you will be fine for debarkation as well. Any time the ship stops in Colombia, embarkation/debarkation is severely delayed.

This sailing starting now is a charter for the Jam Cruise (https://jamcruise.com/). With all the special equipment they have to load and the late debarkation, sailing late doesn't surprise me.

Bret

Looking at that website I bet u $10 that we are late boaRiding and leaving on the 12th. It will take them forever to get equip of and the ship cleaned up after that bunch. Lol

On 1/7/2020 at 5:29 PM, joeyjeremiah said:

We were there until 11;00 pm. They cancelled the Junkanoo parade because of weather but they did the lighthouse show. 

There already seems to be a theme going on with this at O.C as they cancelled it on our recent stop there along with excursions blaming the wind which was not that bad. We left at 11 pm also despite the itinerary saying 23.59.

Our Seaside cruise that stopped at Colon had the very same issues when arriving back in Miami, MSC need to change this port, along with Freeport, Colon is the worst we have been to. On our last cruise we arrived at 12.30 and sailed straight through the priority embarkation line which was empty and was onboard in about 15 minutes.

Edited by ISLANDCRUSO