Carnival Dream Newbie Help

lovetotraveltx

Hi, If you've been on the 4 night Dream out of Galveston recently, can you please help me out.

Please give me an idea of if/when there is a dress up night? Are there any special themes or parties? What/when are the main shows?

Anything else must see or do?

Thanks!

I just got back from a 4 night cruise on the Carnival Dream yesterday and had a blast!

The formal night is on the second night of the cruise. The ship's main shows are 80s Pop to the Max, America Rocks, and Flick. All three shows are extremely good and I enjoyed them. Since this was a four night cruise, they replaced the Welcome Aboard Show dancing with 80s Pop to the Max. I thought this was a good switch. 

Also, I am currently writing a review & posting pictures from my cruise to my personal cruise blog. I have been doing a review on another Cruise Critic thread too. If you would like to view my pictures that I have posted so far here is a link: 

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-dream-cruise-review-2020.html -  The pictures & review start with the link that is for Day 1 Part 1. I also have Fun-Times from the cruise posted here. This is my personal cruise blog and does not run ads (just a hobby). 

Please let me know if you have any other questions about the ship! 

Edited by thecruiserofships
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, thecruiserofships said:

I just got back from a 4 night cruise on the Carnival Dream yesterday and had a blast!

The formal night is on the second night of the cruise. The ship's main shows are 80s Pop to the Max, America Rocks, and Flick. All three shows are extremely good and I enjoyed them. Since this was a four night cruise, they replaced the Welcome Aboard Show dancing with 80s Pop to the Max. I thought this was a good switch. 

Also, I am currently writing a review & posting pictures from my cruise to my personal cruise blog. I have been doing a review on another Cruise Critic thread too. If you would like to view my pictures that I have posted so far here is a link: 

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-dream-cruise-review-2020.html -  The pictures & review start with the link that is for Day 1 Part 1. I also have Fun-Times from the cruise posted here. This is my personal cruise blog and does not run ads (just a hobby). 

Please let me know if you have any other questions about the ship! 

Thank you! What time do the offer the shows each night and are there any theme nights, like tropical, etc. that affect your dress?

On the first night of the cruise the Welcome Aboard Show was at 7:30pm and 80s Pop to the Max was 7:45pm.

On the other nights of the cruise the production shows (Flick & America Rocks) were held twice, with the first showing being at 7:45pm and the other being at 9:45pm. The doors to the Encore Theater opened 30 minutes prior to the start of the shows and the Deck 3 level of the theater filled up very quickly, with the only seats left having obstructed views. Prior to the start of the shows people were lined up outside waiting to rush in to get good seats. It felt like a competition at times to get in! 

I did not see or hear anything about theme nights this cruise. I did a quick run through of my Fun-Times activity newsletters from the cruise and do not see anything listed about having a theme night. This can vary by cruise director so depending on when you go your cruise director may have a theme night onboard. We also had some evenings with rainy and windy weather so I don't know if this affected any events that were scheduled. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions. 

• Like 1