Darkwood or Beachlimerz

LorraineP

2 hours ago, existentialtraveler said:

Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed them. I use Photo to Movie. It is a relatively inexpensive software  that is downloadable from the internet and is very easy to learn. Photo to Movie even has online tutorials.

I think you are correct in not engaging with certain posters. My wife gave me the same advice, which, for a change, I heeded. People will believe what they wish to believe, even when there is little and even no evidence to support that belief. On the Holland America board, there is thread on "Dealing with Difficult Posts" and it contains a good piece of advice. Do not engage.

But! And this is a big but! One of your last sentences  in your last post, while  technically not grammatically incorrect, is somewhat grammatically awkward, and, even worse, more than a little "snarky!" I don't think you should accuse someone of being snarky  and then follow it with a snarky comment! Just my opinion..I could be wrong. 😀

No, you are not wrong. It was uncalled for, and I felt terrible a few minutes after posting it. I tried to go back and edit it out, but it was too late. I shall have to "engage" one more time to apologize.

My husband gave me the same advice your wife gave you. I should have heeded it, too.

By the way...you and your wife are adorable in your videos and it looks like you have a lot of fun together. I went into your youtube channel and looked at several of your videos. You have been on a lot of cruises! Your recent videos on the Celebrity Summit convinced my husband and me to book the Summit in October, our first cruise ever! Thank you for sharing your trips on youtube!

5 hours ago, hal2008 said:

When a particular business (rather than public location) establisment is heavily pushed by a single poster especially with attempts generate credit (even intangible) for referral with the business establishment by repeatedly insisting "tell them XXX referred you", BUYER BEWARE is prident course. 

It is quite likely that both the the poster and the business are genuinely good. But due deligence in terms of more data points is recommended. (you are of course welcome to ignore recommendation).

There has NOT been a negative review posted for this establishment by me. Just caution based on 

a) some comments about LImerz by other posters

b) nearly dozen posts  by single poster across MANY threads seeking credit "tell them XXX referred you"

Yes, negative reviews can be biased too.

Thats why suggeston is for informed decision.

Much obliged.

Never initiated any engagement. It was your insuting posts that prompted a response.

I know you are new to CC. But it is all about "pay forward" by helping other future cruisers.

Hope you have a great first cruise experience.

I know I promised not to engage with you again  but this needs to be said.

Please accept my apology for making uncalled for comments about spelling, punctuation and grammar in my last response to you. It is never appropriate to be snarky, and I was. Please accept my sincere apology.

17 minutes ago, tara1717 said:

Are you on the Anthem? We are booked there that day too!

Yes on Anthem 1/27 cruise then staying on Anthem on 2/7 for B2B. Gail made an arrangement for us to be picked up 2/1 10:00AM by Abbott’s jewelry. What time are you being picked up?

26 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Yes on Anthem 1/27 cruise then staying on Anthem on 2/7 for B2B. Gail made an arrangement for us to be picked up 2/1 10:00AM by Abbott’s jewelry. What time are you being picked up?

Same location, but at 9:30. I think Gail (or someone on one of the boards) suggested that we arrange with our driver a return pick-up time. Do you, or anyone who has been before, have a suggested time for that?

We are doing the Pay As You Go. Are you doing the All Inclusive?

A B2B would be so nice! 

2 minutes ago, tara1717 said:

Same location, but at 9:30. I think Gail (or someone on one of the boards) suggested that we arrange with our driver a return pick-up time. Do you, or anyone who has been before, have a suggested time for that?

We are doing the Pay As You Go. Are you doing the All Inclusive?

A B2B would be so nice! 

Gail arranged for 9:30 also but I had her change it to 10:00. Not sure when to return ship leaves 5:00 so maybe 2:30. Like to have plenty time to get back even though about 10 minute taxi ride back (will see how long it takes to get there). We are also doing Pay As You Go. I did pay already upfront with PayPal. 

We have been to Beach Limerz twice the past two year.

We found it a relaxing place with good service and value.

Both times we did the pay as you go option.

Regarding the entry into the water, I do not remember it being a concern for us or we would not have returned for a second visit.

We will be back in Antigua in late December and will either return or take a catamaran sail.

We also enjoyed Beach Limerz last year. It is a very pretty setting and quiet with shade.

We did the all inclusive and the lunch was great too.The beach is nice and long for a lovely walk too.The beer was better than the rum punch. We would go back again.

On 1/20/2020 at 2:48 PM, Ozzmund said:

Both times we did the pay as you go option.

What’s the cost, and what’s included paying all inclusive vs Paying as you go? 

33 minutes ago, Tapi said:

What’s the cost, and what’s included paying all inclusive vs Paying as you go? 

We offer Day Passes as well as Pay As You Go Options (Paygos).  The Day Pass is an all inclusive 'ticket' so to speak which includes beach loungers, umbrellas and watersports equipment and of course food and drink.  If you love fabulous food or enjoy kayaking or trying out some Stand up paddle boarding or just floating on a cabana then these are all included in the Day Pass.  Of course if you'd like to try some absolutely fabulous cocktails or nibbles from our regular menus - you can certainly do so; prices are specially discounted for holders of Day Passes. The price per Day Pass is USD65 per person and a deposit of USD30 per person is required to confirm a reservation... see attached for additional Day Pass information. 

The other option, the Pay As You Go,  also requires a reservation and the deposit is US$25 per person which would go towards the rental of beach furniture or watersports equipment or Food & Drink. Our only expectation is that our Paygo guests use up their Paygo deposit in its entirety  as this is a non-refundable deposit unless of course your ship doesn't make it to port or there is a thunderstorm preventing use of the beach etc  As an examplea couple would rent 2 beach chairs (USD10), an umbrella(USD10)  and spend at least USD15 per person in drinks or food or whatever.  There is no obligation to spend more than USD25 per person. To clarify further, with the PAYGO option you'd pay separately for everything - Chairs (USD5 ea), Umbrellas (USD10 ea), Kayaks (USD20), Stand Up paddle board USD20;  Old Fashioned Rum Punch US10 ea, Regular Rum Punch US6 etc.  We  do not supply towels so you would need to walk with some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, LorraineP said:

We offer Day Passes as well as Pay As You Go Options (Paygos).  The Day Pass is an all inclusive 'ticket' so to speak which includes beach loungers, umbrellas and watersports equipment and of course food and drink.  If you love fabulous food or enjoy kayaking or trying out some Stand up paddle boarding or just floating on a cabana then these are all included in the Day Pass.  Of course if you'd like to try some absolutely fabulous cocktails or nibbles from our regular menus - you can certainly do so; prices are specially discounted for holders of Day Passes. The price per Day Pass is USD65 per person and a deposit of USD30 per person is required to confirm a reservation... see attached for additional Day Pass information. 

The other option, the Pay As You Go,  also requires a reservation and the deposit is US$25 per person which would go towards the rental of beach furniture or watersports equipment or Food & Drink. Our only expectation is that our Paygo guests use up their Paygo deposit in its entirety  as this is a non-refundable deposit unless of course your ship doesn't make it to port or there is a thunderstorm preventing use of the beach etc  As an examplea couple would rent 2 beach chairs (USD10), an umbrella(USD10)  and spend at least USD15 per person in drinks or food or whatever.  There is no obligation to spend more than USD25 per person. To clarify further, with the PAYGO option you'd pay separately for everything - Chairs (USD5 ea), Umbrellas (USD10 ea), Kayaks (USD20), Stand Up paddle board USD20;  Old Fashioned Rum Punch US10 ea, Regular Rum Punch US6 etc.  We  do not supply towels so you would need to walk with some.

Our experience as well.

Skip the Rum Punch and try a "Bob Marley".

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 12:41 AM, LorraineP said:

How is the beach near your location? Drop offs etc?

Although we have never been to Beach Limerz, we can recommend the following beaches which all have beach restaurants and are quieter than Limerz if that is what you are looking for:  A) Turners Beach (Turners, OJ’s and Jackie O’s (more expensive) being the beach restaurants on Turners Beach, B) Frye’s beach and C)  Darkwood.  Would not go to Dickenson, just too busy.  Nicest beaches are all on West and Southwest coast.  Some further beaches like Half Moon Bay are even nicer and less crowded

• 1 month later...

Was at BeachLimerz the first week of March:

1) there was no drop off in the water 

2) water was fairly serene

3) service was excellent 

4) it was very quiet - we had 3 small toddlers with us and it was still very quiet and serene 

These are just a few pictures.

68CD6B1D-54CE-48C2-880F-B231A153E7FD.jpeg

1EE99DFB-7159-4ACA-9BB0-E7C41CFB250C.jpeg

4698D428-A35B-4B17-9610-2CAFF019241F.jpeg

491FE062-32C4-4238-81C1-D705478740F7.jpeg

D52B99D5-221D-49AF-A0AE-D6598E1CDBDF.jpeg

9205B60C-0A48-4356-945A-DCFAB3EBCB7B.jpeg

• Thanks 2

• 10 months later...
On 1/21/2020 at 9:41 PM, LorraineP said:

Is this for Beach Limerz?  Thank you.