Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
winnipeg melody

Extravaganza Buffet?

Does Celebrity Equinox still have an Extravaganza Buffet at lunchtime?  They used to have an special brunch buffet up til a few years ago but I think they stopped having it.

Yes all those special buffets are gone.   On most sailings recently there is 1 sea day where the buffet is a bit more upscale with chocolate fountain, maybe some ice or fruit carvings and some special stations.

IME the brunch/lunch in the OV has been on the last sea day,  various  meat carving stations,  chocolate fountain, shrimp, ice & fruit carvings.   It isn’t well publicized and more often than not I have headed into  the OV for a salad to discover it is the special brunch/lunch. 

I have seen the "extravaganza" buffet on Equinox. Didn't see one on SL in Dec. 

Haven't seen any of the big Buffet's in the MDR for a good 5 years.

Usually the last sea day.  Chocolate fountain, lots of shrimp, special carving stations, have all been seen on my last cruises.    They no longer do it in the MDR, it's up in the Oceanview Cafe.

The last sea day on Summit New England cruise in Oct, they served Lobster Rolls in Oceanview but even the people at the other end of the area didn't know they were there.

On a cruise we sailed last March,  there was a fabulous spread on St Patrick's day in the OV.   The best fish and chips ever,  and lots of Irish and English and "green" desserts all kinds.  I don't recall that it was the last sea day, but on the actual holiday.  Was wonderful,  but not quite as fabulous as the brunch they previously presented in the MDR.  Those were the days!!

On the Eclipse last March we had a fantastic Chocolate Buffet at lunch.  I found the food in the OV better than most of the offerings in the MDR that trip.  They had different dessert themes at lunch throughout the cruise. 

On 1/8/2020 at 11:58 AM, cruisestitch said:

Usually the last sea day.  Chocolate fountain, lots of shrimp, special carving stations, have all been seen on my last cruises.    They no longer do it in the MDR, it's up in the Oceanview Cafe.

Not sure if it’s a cutback or a glitch but, the Extravaganza Lunch today on Reflection was a big disappointment. With the exception of the chocolate fountain line-up, a couple of fruit carvings and a couple extra cakes, it was just a plain old buffet. Not a single shrimp to be found.