Best place to stay in Miami

JEN5508

We will be flying in on Thursday and will board the ship Saturday morning.  We've never been to Miami and wanted to check it out on Friday.  Where is a good place to stay to be able to see and do things and get to the ship quickly/easily on Saturday morning?

Jennifer

We are cruising on the Symphony of the Seas, departing on Saturday, June 13th.  This is a family vacation...  There will be 4 teens ages 15, 15, 17 and 18.  We will need a room Thursday and Friday night.

Jen

1 minute ago, JEN5508 said:

We are cruising on the Symphony of the Seas, departing on Saturday, June 13th.  This is a family vacation...  There will be 4 teens ages 15, 15, 17 and 18.  We will need a room Thursday and Friday night.

Jen

Check out the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell - located in downtown, lots of shopping/dining nearby, nice pool, free breakfast, shuttle to the port (for a fee), and the hotel can set you up with hop-on/off bus tours, etc.  Or explore South Beach during the day via a quick Uber ride.

Whatever you do avoid staying out near the airport - you'll spend all of your savings travelling to downtown/SB.  Hotel prices in June should be reasonable by Miami standards.

I would stay on South Beach over downtown, without a doubt.  It's way more walkable and entertaining.  Consider the Hop On/Off bus as well, which you can pick up in South Beach as a way to check out Wynwood, Little Havana, Downtown, etc.

Edited by BNBR

2 hours ago, JEN5508 said:

What hotels do you recommend on South Beach?

Jennifer

It ranges too much to know what you like.  Fontainebleau? Delano?  There is high end and also more affordable. I'd personally recommend TripAdvisor and find something in your budget with good reviews.  Then maybe ask here if it's a good location.  But I'm sure others will chime in with some suggestions.

For families I really like The Loews.  Fantastic location and amazing oceanfront pool.  You can easily walk to most places like Lincoln Road Mall and Espanola Way from there along with Ocean Drive.

A little less expensive in the same location, South Seas, Marseille,  and The Richmond Hotel.

For moderate dining, Havana 1957, Puerto Suaga, Big Pink.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 9:01 PM, JEN5508 said:

Is there one close to the beach but also has a pool? I was hoping to stay around 200/ night per room or less if possible. 

Jennifer 

Jennifer, for June, any of the hotels I've listed.  The Loews will be above that but can easily fit 3-4 per room.

The Richmond, The South Seas, and The Marseilles will be your best bet for staying under or at your budget;

On 1/8/2020 at 11:29 AM, JEN5508 said:

Jen

We booked a suite in doubletree huge balcony , they gave us a 3 bedrooms 2 baths huge balcony overlooking water for under 300. Several restaurants in lobby area.

Edited by George C