Jet Ski Tour - Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions

shaneandpamela

Just got off of the Carnival Glory on January 5, 2020.  We were looking for something to do in GC other than just go out to Royal Palms and bake :).  I was cruising these forums and saw a thread asking about jet ski tours in GC.  In that thread, someone mentioned they had previously used Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions (https://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/) for their jet ski tour.  Their website says they specialize in small groups, and we were only a week away from the cruise, so I was worried we would not be able to get a couple of spots.   I reached out and we were able to book with them for a 9am local excursion time.  The process of getting reservations was painless.  We had a couple of SeaDoos back in the day so we were really looking forward to this.

What we paid: $110 US each as single riders on two jet skis (two riders on one jet ski is $75 per rider)

What we got:  Maybe the best cruise excursion experience we've had in our 13 cruises

Email directions led us to walk over to Captain Marvin's Watersports just next to the big Diamond's International to meet our tour guide and tour group and transfer to the excursion starting point.  Turns out our tour group was a group of TWO 🙂 which was amazing.  We took a quick van ride out to the Yacht Club north and east of 7 Mile Beach.  Met up with our actual tour guide Garth at the marina and took off slowly looking around the marina and homes there, and then sped off to "Stingray City" across the bay.  The jet skis were in great shape and the two seater ski that I rode was faster than my old GSX ever was - wow.  We stopped at Stingray City for about 30 minutes.  Our guide had a bag of squid that he used to bring the rays up.  In all the times we had been to GC we've never been out here so this was a real treat.

From Stingray City we "played" our way over to a really great snorkeling area.  By "played" I mean we played on the skis.  Spins, dunks, jumps, pretty much everything we used to do with our old skis.  Garth was really easy on letting us ride since he knew we had a lot of experience on them.  The snorkel was great.  Again, the bag of squid helped out, pulling in hundreds of fish and rays.  We snorkeled for about 30 minutes and then played our way back to the marina.

Total time of the excursion was just under three hours, with two hours of riding.  You cannot get that much saddle time anywhere else for that little bit of money.  If this had just been a jet ski ride I would still be a fan.  The stops made this experience over the top.  After the excursion, we had the option to return back to town and the ships, or be dropped off anywhere along 7 Mile.

Give these guys a chance if you have a small group looking for a great jet ski excursion.  We will be using them again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2