Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
leetompkins

Deluxe Beverage Package Deals!

Recommended Posts

My wife and I are booked on the Freedom of the Seas for a cruise out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean between 5/24-5/31/20.  Our Cruise Planner is now showing the UDP at buy one and get the second for 50% off or $51/person vs. the regular rate of $55/person.  I'm holding out to see if a better deal will be released prior to our cruise.  Am hoping a deal under $50/person may come available, but only RCCL knows.  Your thoughts?  Guess I can buy now and if a better deal shows up I can cancel and re-purchase the new one.  Thanks for your opinion/advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would definitely buy it now and just keep checking.  Also forget the % off, just watch the $$!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note that your terminology can lead to confusion.  The UDP is the Unlimited Dining Package.

 

The drink package is called the Deluxe Beverage Package.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We purchased our Deluxe Beverage Package in advance at $56/person/day plus gratuities (the Black Friday deal for our sailing, and the lowest I ever saw it). However, once on the ship, they were offering the drink package BOGO at $75/day for two plus gratuities - it was a better deal than what we had pre-purchased.

Edited by LittleMissMagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, LittleMissMagic said:

We purchased our Deluxe Beverage Package in advance at $56/person/day plus gratuities (the Black Friday deal for our sailing, and the lowest I ever saw it). However, once on the ship, they were offering the drink package BOGO at $75/day for two plus gratuities - it was a better deal than what we had pre-purchased.

 

I suspect the BOGO you saw was really BOGO 50% off, as I've never seen Royal Caribbean offer a true buy one get one free on drink packages.  The math makes sense - BOGOHO at $75 equals $56.25 per person, which is essentially what you paid pre-cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get the package if you are getting it some day.  You can cancel and rebook it at any time if the price goes down.  The BOGO 50% off is the second best deal they offer.  If you keep looking, and they want to sell more packages, you may see 30% off each person.  That is the best deal they have offered in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fdthird said:

I would definitely buy it now and just keep checking.  Also forget the % off, just watch the $$!  

 

43 minutes ago, Jeff13 said:

Get the package if you are getting it some day.  You can cancel and rebook it at any time if the price goes down.  The BOGO 50% off is the second best deal they offer.  If you keep looking, and they want to sell more packages, you may see 30% off each person.  That is the best deal they have offered in the past.

 

I agree with @fdthird. For my upcoming cruise on Mariner of the Seas next month, the Deluxe Beverage Package was listed at 30% off for $69/day. Now it's on sale for BOGO50 and it's $65/day. The discount banners mean nothing.

 

(I've not seen this sailing go below $65/day, even on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently $61/day plus gratuities so about $71/day total for our Allure sailing on 1/19. Yesterday there was no banner on the package. Today there is BOGO 50% off banner. Same price. :classic_rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, leetompkins said:

My wife and I are booked on the Freedom of the Seas for a cruise out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean between 5/24-5/31/20.  Our Cruise Planner is now showing the Deluxe Beverage Package at buy one and get the second for 50% off or $51/person vs. the regular rate of $55/person.  I'm holding out to see if a better deal will be released prior to our cruise.  Am hoping a deal under $50/person may come available, but only RCCL knows.  Your thoughts?  Guess I can buy now and if a better deal shows up I can cancel and re-purchase the new one.  Thanks for your opinion/advice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the suggestions/recommendations for purchase of the Deluxe Beverage Package and thanks for correcting my terminology regarding this package.  My bad thinking it was the UDP which definitely refers to the Ultimate Dining Package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...