Classic beverage package sparkling water?

Bigannie

Can anyone tell me if there is a non branded  sparkling water that is included with the classic beverage package? 

I have the classic package but don't drink alcohol and would love to down grade to the premium alcohol free package as I enjoy the coffees, and juice drinks. The classic package was included in the  fare and my husband will make use of it, but I  feel I am not getting the same value if I have to pay to get sparkling water with my dinner.

34 minutes ago, Bigannie said:

Can anyone tell me if there is a non branded  sparkling water that is included with the classic beverage package? 

I have the classic package but don't drink alcohol and would love to down grade to the premium alcohol free package as I enjoy the coffees, and juice drinks. The classic package was included in the  fare and my husband will make use of it, but I  feel I am not getting the same value if I have to pay to get sparkling water with my dinner.

No sparkling water with the CBP. The PBP is an upgrade from the CBP. 

36 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

You would need to pay the difference in price between the included still water and the sparkling water, plus the gratuity.  

Interesting I just learned something, I thought it would be full cost for this and not just difference since what would it use to compare.  Do you know what this cost difference would be, have you done this?   I am assuming Perrier of Pellegrino.

We have been successful a couple of times in changing the free perk classic alcohol package to premium non alcohol package for one of us that does not drink alcohol.  Was very difficult at least once, as we were not going to pay extra, but after strongly insisting (as the PNA is not even half of price of CAP) and beverage manager had to be called, we got there.  Other time, was just done easily by person at guest services.

Read here that some could and others were not successful.

13 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

Probably not what you're looking for but, I wonder if Club Soda would be included in Classic?

I do like club soda, just wish I could downgrade the package but I suppose because my husband would keep his package it is unlikely that mine could be changed.

Can you bring on sparkling water  for ports do you know?

7 minutes ago, Bigannie said:

I do like club soda, just wish I could downgrade the package but I suppose because my husband would keep his package it is unlikely that mine could be changed.

Can you bring on sparkling water  for ports do you know?

I'll defer to the more experienced cruisers to answer this in reference to ports visited. I believe you are allowed to bring on a case at embarkation.

Club soda is definitely included in the classic package. 

As a fellow Brit, it confused us the first time we cruised, as we never heard the term "Club Soda" before, but its what I would call soda water. Annoyingly we could never get 500ml bottles on board, either 330ml bottles or cans (depending on the bar), but we never felt the need to pay for Pellegrino. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

You would need to pay the difference in price between the included still water and the sparkling water, plus the gratuity.  

Not sure that the difference plus gratuity applies to non-alcoholic drinks. Did you actually do so; and if so, what was the price of the sparkling and was the difference based on the price of still water or on the $9 CBP ceiling price?

Edited by NantahalaCruiser