Transatlantic wardrobe

vapple

OT...sorry OP...our go to "healthy" cocktail at home is a Mojito. We use an amber rum (needs less sugar than a clear run). Fresh squeezed lime (about 1/2 a lime), fresh mint (10 mint leaves), sparkling MINERAL WATER, 3 oz rum and as little sugar as you can stand...using the best quality sugar you can. I bought coconut sugar once...and I can't recall why, and if it was really better...now I have a fine raw sugar, as low processed as I can get.

Please post the list when you have it all sorted...or after you come back and can testify as to how it all worked out.

To the OP...when I did the one TA I have sailed to date, late April 2015...Malaga and Barcelona were beautifully warm. The sailing was chilly, but sunny Spain was extremely warm in the day...it was a bit cooler at night after the sun went down. In Malaga, I recall wearing a skort and short-sleeved shirt for our port day. Barcelona was similar...

Oh I thought of a bit of trivial help for this thread -- for packing for any trip where the temps may vary tremendously --

Wicking summer tee-shirts are great as cool-weather undershirts!

I found some on AMZ (Amazon Basics brand) that come in larger sizes AND both crew and V-neck styles. I also plan to layer some long-sleeved "sun protection" shirts also bought on AMZ. Naviskin and BALEAF brands.

If not plus-sized, it may be almost time for CostCo to put out the COOL-32 tee shirts.

• 2 months later...

My thanks to everyone for their posts and advice. I'm booked for my first cruise (and a TA, at that) for next May so the tips on attire have been truly helpful. The key seems to be layers. 

Hope you're all keeping well and staying safe during the current period. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/9/2020 at 12:53 AM, crystalspin said:

Sailed from FLL to BCN to VCE (Venice) this is my entire packing:

546429808_Finalsuitcase.JPG.65be84ace4ed28e83821b099edd5ca8f.JPG

Wearing to Florida:

1772061881_Gettingthere2.jpg.6e1b72e183d118e8d6a3c438b2ec5ec9.jpg

I did laundry in the sink; I would restrict this to "smalls" now. For larger garments that you do not trust to the ship's laundry -- use the "dry clean" option. It is a little more than laundry, but not much more than land-side dry cleaning.

Teal and coral are "my" colors: substitute yours.

Yes, this is what  I do on all my trips. 2 basic coordinating  colors and an accent color, Everything mixes and matches.