French Bee airline early taxi

stromer

I am sailing a PG cruise in Oct and am looking at flight options going back to LA.  I don't want to spend all day in Papeete waiting for a midnight flight home.  The only other option is to fly French Bee at 7:00 am.  I would have to get a taxi at 4:30 or 5:00 am.  Has anyone done this and how hard would it to be get a taxi at that early hour.  I already know about some of the issues with the discount airline FB but am not concerned since I am coming home and don't care about any cancelations.  

Thanksa, Rick

4 hours ago, stromer said:

I am sailing a PG cruise in Oct and am looking at flight options going back to LA.  I don't want to spend all day in Papeete waiting for a midnight flight home.  The only other option is to fly French Bee at 7:00 am.  I would have to get a taxi at 4:30 or 5:00 am.  Has anyone done this and how hard would it to be get a taxi at that early hour.  I already know about some of the issues with the discount airline FB but am not concerned since I am coming home and don't care about any cancelations.  

Thanksa, Rick

Reserve a taxi through the ship once you are on board ... won't be a problem.

French Bee flies PPT-SFO

Air France has an early flight out of PPT to LAX. Not everyday, you will need to check their schedule

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Thanks for the response. I know AF has a flight that leaves at 8 am but not on the day the ship arrives.  FB is the only one that does it on my day.  Another option is to take one of the midnight flights and get off the ship the night before thus missing the final night and morning breakfast.  The ship said that would be OK but they said there could be a delay and not guarantee that the ship would dock at 7 pm the night before.  Has any one done the 2nd option before.

Thanks, Rick 

Probably going to do option 2 on our next PG cruise. In 9 cruises the ship has never been held up in the quick hop from Moorea to Papeete... imagine they have to tell you that just in case.  Regarding early morning taxi you must have the ship reserve for you as not available randomly at that hour. There is a charge... can’t remember how much just that it seemed a bit high. Well worth it for piece of mind. Would reserve also for leaving night before end of cruise, there is a taxi stand opposite the ship terminal but it’s a longish walk and sometimes have to wait a while. 

We cruised on Paul Gauguin last fall and took the early flight on French Bee. We arranged our own taxi service which picked us up at 4:30am. The excursion staff will make the taxi arrangements for you and for us they confirmed our taxi arrangements.  They did try to change them to 5:30am but we had them switch it back and they did so. It was really plenty early and I would say 5:00am would also be on the early side. I was worried about French Bee but we had no problems except the seats are very narrow and spaced pretty close together so tight fit but doable for the price and wanting to leave early in the day rather than on the ATN midnight flight. The taxi was $40 plus tip which our driver really appreciated.