Charleston park & cruise hotel

Qchell

We are cruising out of Charleston next month and as we live in Charlotte will simply drive to the port the morning we sail.  However, we plan on staying in Charleston the night we return.  Has anyone used a park & cruise hotel package for the night *after* the cruise instead of the night before?  Any recommendations in Charleston?

I don't think there are any downtown Charleston (i.e. in the immediate port vicinity/tourist district) hotels that offer park and cruise options, due to the price of real estate in downtown.  Any downtown hotels likely charge for parking.  Best option is Mt. Pleasant hotels at the base of the Ravenel Bridge.  You'll find hotels that offer this and have a Charleston address, but they will be way down Hwy 17 south/Savannah Highway in the West Ashley part of Charleston- NOT downtown.  Generally speaking, Mt. Pleasant will be a bit nicer than the part of W. Ashley where such hotels will be located.  Ditto for anything with a North Charleston address.  

22 hours ago, hockey93 said:

I'm booked at the holiday inn charlston on 250 spring st in Charleston it says the Downtown medical area does anyone know if this is a good location and place to keep your car while on a cruise?

Correct, that is in the medical area (multiple hospitals clustered together) that is not in the historic/tourist district; it's right at the base of the bridge that goes over the Ashley River to the West Ashley part of Charleston.  It's near the hospitals, and right along an extremely busy commuter corridor (Hwy 17).  Several other hotels and various fast food places in the immediate vicinity as well as new construction projects.  It's not what I'd call a great residential area (although there are some new upscale apartments/condos a block or so away) but it's not necessarily a bad area either, just very, very busy.  I believe the parking is in a garage but I'm not positive.  Ask the hotel.  And either way, ask if there are surveillance cameras.

Edited by waterbug123