Pre-registration for Cruises

LandC

No.

I still keep thinking about the Discovery with 4 consecutive cruises with norovirus, the reports from people who were on those cruises, and then pondering how Saga would cope with an outbreak of coronavirus.

The only reason we have cruises booked on the Adventure is because we booked them before we had been on the Discovery.

That has actually done us a favour - had this situation arisen any time prior to September 2019, we would be desperate to book another cruise, as many as possible.

After our 2 cruises on the Discovery, we are no longer eager,  so the fact that we cannot cruise at the minute is causing us no distress whatsoever.

LandC thankyou. 

NoSapphire, I get what you're saying, but the pre-reg fee is fully refundable if no booking is made. We've had our 2021 pre-reg fee refunded with no question. We do have a 2021 cruise booking on SoA, but it's rescheduled from a 2020 booking and Saga automatically refunded the 2021 fee. By the time Saga release their 2022 schedule, we will know far more about the impact of the virus on all types of travel.

yes, we know they're fully refundable.

We had 3 advance regs (for 2021 and 2022).

We thought about cancelling them when we came back from our first Discovery cruise.

We did cancel them when we came back from our 2nd Discovery cruise.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone who has pre-registered for 2022 cruises heard when Saga are likely to contact us?  When I phoned in March I was told information on cruises planned for January-December 2022 would be sent out to us in August/September.  Our friends, who pre-registered before us, were told September/October!

I think Saga are having a difficult enough time planning the next six months let alone two years time. We are suppose to be cruising in November on the inaugural Spirit of Adventure cruise. We are in a difficult position as we cannot cancel or we will lose our deposit. However Saga have yet to collect the balance which was due a week ago. I think there is a lot on their plates at the moment! 

10 minutes ago, Alcairns said:

I think Saga are having a difficult enough time planning the next six months let alone two years time. We are suppose to be cruising in November on the inaugural Spirit of Adventure cruise. We are in a difficult position as we cannot cancel or we will lose our deposit. However Saga have yet to collect the balance which was due a week ago. I think there is a lot on their plates at the moment! 

When you say "have yet to collect the balance", what do you mean?  We usually get a reminder from Saga of our balance payment date and then log in to pay, using a credit card. Have you done that, but they've not charged you? 

Edited by Wacktle
Additional question

Hi. The payment was set up for them to automatically take the fund in the due date. Saga will then notify you by email that this has happened. I tried to pay direct online but there were systems issues. I have raised this with saga and they are going to get back to me. I think it may be that they do not believe the cruise will happen and they do not want to take the funds.

2 hours ago, Alcairns said:

Hi. The payment was set up for them to automatically take the fund in the due date. Saga will then notify you by email that this has happened. I tried to pay direct online but there were systems issues. I have raised this with saga and they are going to get back to me. I think it may be that they do not believe the cruise will happen and they do not want to take the funds.

VERY unlikely that it is because they do not want to take the funds for a cruise that may not happen.

Much more likely to be because of shortage of admin staff (or their computer system).

The original due date for the inaugural was 23rd May, and they wanted the balance even though everybody knew the ship would not be ready in time (I actually asked the question and all I got was, "we have not cancelled it at this time").

Edited by nosapphire

3 hours ago, Alcairns said:

Thanks for the explanation.

Not yet.  I did a live chat on the Saga website last week and was advised that they will email a PDF next week, which will include all the cruises from January to December 2022.  They will then start phoning people in the order that they pre-registered.  We pre-registered in March this year, so it may be a couple of weeks before we get a call.

On 8/20/2020 at 11:06 AM, LandC said:

Not yet.  I did a live chat on the Saga website last week and was advised that they will email a PDF next week, which will include all the cruises from January to December 2022.  They will then start phoning people in the order that they pre-registered.  We pre-registered in March this year, so it may be a couple of weeks before we get a call.

Would you give us a heads up when you receive your PDF please?

4 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

Would you give us a heads up when you receive your PDF please?

Hello, could you also let me know please?  As I said above, we only pre-registered last week, so will be way behind you. Will you be allowed to email the pdf to me?  Someone did that a couple of years ago, but Saga wasn't happy. However, we can only book when we get "the call", so it would just give us longer to ponder. Thanks.

1 hour ago, LandC said:

Will do.  When did you pre-register?

We were told that because we had paid in full for our June Baltic cruise we are considered to be pre-registered.

So not sure when we are considered to be pre-registered from.

We also have £2000 deposit for our November Caribbean cruise on Adventure which is being held.

The   PDF of the 2022 schedule was emailed to us yesterday.  Did you get your copy?  I gather Saga have already started calling people.  Hopefully we will get a call soon.  

The cruises are similar to previous years, and include an 83 night voyage to South America departing 5 January 2022.  All the cruises on Spirit of Adventure depart from Southampton, which is handy for us.  

1 hour ago, LandC said:

The   PDF of the 2022 schedule was emailed to us yesterday.  Did you get your copy?  I gather Saga have already started calling people.  Hopefully we will get a call soon.  

The cruises are similar to previous years, and include an 83 night voyage to South America departing 5 January 2022.  All the cruises on Spirit of Adventure depart from Southampton, which is handy for us.  

Hi LandC,  We haven't had the PDF, but registered only a couple of weeks ago. If I send you a private message, would you email it to me? Deciding whether to make a booking for 2022 is going to be difficult without knowing whether the 2020 and 2021 cruises we've booked will go ahead. Thanks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LandC said:

Hi LandC, No brochure as yet. Would you be so kind as to email me a copy please?

cruisemadathotmaildotcodotuk

Thanks in advance 🙂

5 hours ago, Wacktle said:

Hi LandC,  We haven't had the PDF, but registered only a couple of weeks ago. If I send you a private message, would you email it to me? Deciding whether to make a booking for 2022 is going to be difficult without knowing whether the 2020 and 2021 cruises we've booked will go ahead. Thanks.

OK.

44 minutes ago, Wacktle said:

Thank you, but the message facility appears to be disabled on your account. 

Hi Wacktle 

I don’t think that the message facility has ever been enabled.

Post your email address here.

I use one specially for cruising and sorting out excursions 🙂

Wacktle, as our message facility is not working, if you don’t want to post your email address here,  I suggest you contact Saga with your Booking ref. for the pre-registration, and ask them to email the PDF to you.

I find the live chat facility on Saga’s website is useful, and messages are usually answered in a few minutes.

Edited by LandC
Omission