Honeymoon 2020 Package

AMKujo

I was looking over some of the items in the "Manage Your Trip Itinary" for our July 4 Tahiti 7 night sailing, and I noticed a Honeymoon Package for $400. Just wondering if anyone knows what this would include? 

Below is what listed as complimentary.  Paying an extra $400 to dine with an officer as well as a letter from the captain, flowers and some canapés served daily does not seem worthwhile.  All cabins have some flowers, although a pretty mellow small arrangement.  I think the nicest part of either package would be the special gathering which would include taking some pictures that you could then purchase.

Complimentary Honeymoon Package

When you choose to spend your honeymoon aboard The Gauguin, we provide these complimentary amenities as our gift to you:

• Special gathering featuring a Polynesian blessing ceremony performed by Les Gauguines—our onboard troupe of hostess/entertainers—and hosted by the Cruise Director
  • In-stateroom celebratory bottle of Champagne

The gathering for honeymooners and anniversary couples is lovely. They wrap each couple up in a tifefe with flower crowns and pose flanked by Gauguines with Borabora Mt in background. There is cake and a poem read and provided in writing as a keepsake. Mounted in frame the poem and pic is a nice momento. I have heard there is no longer a photographer onboard. No worries as you just hand your phone to a willing co-celebrant.

• 1 month later...

AMKujo -- We opted for the Renewal of Vows Ceremony on Motu Mahana in Tahaa in celebration of our 50th Anniversary.  Well, at least I did. She doesn't know about it yet. 😉

Since we are on the same 4 July sailing, hope you can help us celebrate... when you're not celebrating your own Honeymoon, of course! 😄

Edited by Hutchinj

Yes we would like that! Nothing like having 300 people at your surprise party!  I am trying to stay positive about it all with current circumstance. We were really looking forward to the refurbished ship but not sure the dry docking will happen. Did you hear of anything in regards to this?

On 3/7/2020 at 6:52 AM, AMKujo said:

Yes we would like that! Nothing like having 300 people at your surprise party!  I am trying to stay positive about it all with current circumstance. We were really looking forward to the refurbished ship but not sure the dry docking will happen. Did you hear of anything in regards to this?

Haven't heard anything about changes to PG's plan for the refurb or if that would affect any cruises after that. But things seem to change on a daily basis so keeping an ear to the ground.