Struggling to find answers to my questions

Hi I am new to all this but do know my way around a computer 

I have a few questions I am going to Norway on Marella explorer and would like to know if toiletries are provided in cabins also do I need to take towels for use outside of my cabin for pool use and can I change currency on board or will I get a better rate before I board 

also will I be able to look what excursions are on offer before I go and the price sorry for all the questions I am sure the answers are somewhere but I have tried to find them several times to no avail 

Thanks 

On 1/10/2020 at 3:39 PM, Freddie10 said:

Hi I am new to all this but do know my way around a computer 

I have a few questions I am going to Norway on Marella explorer and would like to know if toiletries are provided in cabins also do I need to take towels for use outside of my cabin for pool use and can I change currency on board or will I get a better rate before I board 

also will I be able to look what excursions are on offer before I go and the price sorry for all the questions I am sure the answers are somewhere but I have tried to find them several times to no avail 

Thanks 

Hi Freddie,  Explorer is a lovely ship so don't  worry - is this your first cruise?              Basic shower  gel/shampoo is provided in dispensers along with a small soap. Take anything else with you.  You will be provided with bath and hand towels as well as a blue towel for pool use. When you want this changing, just leave in the shower or ask your cabin steward.

You don't  need to change currency  for Norway, they take credit card for everything. Also things are mega expensive so we didn't  buy anything except a couple of coffees.

Not sure of your ports of call so can't help with excursions but most places we did our own thing.

I would suggest you look if there is a roll call for your cruise, if not just set one up just like you have set this query up using the name and date if the cruise.

Hope this helps, Norway is beautiful. Enjoy!

We are going on marella explorer 2 Norway’s midnight sun calling at Vli I sogn   Olden Bodo 

Hunningsvag   Alta   Tromso   Andalsnes   Alesund 

i have tried to set up a roll call but as you can see I am new to all this 

Thanks for replying

Hi Freddie,  I can now see your roll call and also another one set up by Jennywren. Perhaps stick to the one set up by her then all your queries can be answered.

The only port on your list that I have visited is Olden, beautiful place. Ship trips are always expensive but you can just walk round this village or take the land train that stops by the ship.  If you feel more adventurous there is a tourist info right in front of the ship, here you can buy a ticket for the bus to Loen (10 mins away) and the cablecar up the mountain. There are walks at the top and a cafe, the views are to die for but better to book on the day when you can see there are no clouds as there is no point if you can't see anything. Make sure you are on deck for the sail away as the locals turn out to see you off, it's really lovely.

You can also look on cruise critic/ports of call/northern Europe- you will find loads of info there

Good luck