BOGO in 2020 Cruise Night Coupon Book?

canadarocks

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I would think the coupon books will go the way of the new coffee package thats on the Medallion and expires at the end of your cruise.

Since their plan is to put the coupon books on the Medallion eventually and only be good on the cruise you get them on.

That would make sense. They certainly "intend" for the coupons to be valid for the one cruise only so I can see them doing as you suggest and making them voyage dependent by switching to an electronically monitored usage. I'm unclear though on how they would handle the listing of the so-called benefits.

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yes, the books are available on non-Medallion ships.  I booked Grand Princess 3/22/20 to 3/29/20 Tuesday and it showed up. But I don't know what's in it. 

20200110_152702.jpg.d89ae8b15df3cb27848d932750d2cb87.jpg

Mine were also listed on the last 2 cruises in the travel summary the last being on the Sky in Nov.

The books were never provided.

Luckily I brought an old one (12/2019) with me.

4 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Mine were also listed on the last 2 cruises in the travel summary the last being on the Sky in Nov.

The books were never provided.

Y'know I won't miss it. Grand = non-medallion for the 1st half of my B2B & medallion for the 2nd half. Princess is bringing this thing on in spurts. 

Is it on Oceans Now on the Sky (medallion ship)?

OP: which ship?

Edited by Ombud

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Y'know I won't miss it. Grand = non-medallion for the 1st half of my B2B & medallion for the 2nd half. Princess is bringing this thing on in spurts. 

Is it on Oceans Now on the Sky (medallion ship)?

It was not when I was onboard until Dec 1st.

Not sure if it has been added by now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, datone said:

What is the coupon book - never seen one and been on over 15 Princess cruises - all non-medallion.   Going on Sapphire next month - do they have them?

Same here, whether on Medallion cruises or not. The only time I have heard of the coupon book is on here, but never seen one, not that it seems we are missing much.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

Same here, whether on Medallion cruises or not. The only time I have heard of the coupon book is on here, but never seen one, not that it seems we are missing much.

We had them a couple of times and will in March on the Island. Discount coupons for restaurant, shops, photos. Have used a couple. But will ask at Passenger Service if it is not in room. Some coupons are for first day only 

3 hours ago, datone said:

What is the coupon book - never seen one and been on over 15 Princess cruises - all non-medallion.   Going on Sapphire next month - do they have them?

The coupon books are an amenity from your travel agent. Certain agencies or Princess promos will include this 'perk'. You need to book a particular sailing where this perk is included or your travel agency is adding it as a 'bonus'. 

You cannot just just ask for it.

I know there was an old thread where a member  scanned each page to show the various 'offers'. Most of the coupons are a discount when making certain purchases like the spa, art auction, shops on board. I think there was a coupon giving a discount if you purchased the Princess bed. The coupon that seems to be of value to some is the BOGO for specialty restaurant on embarkation day. Meaning buy one dinner get the second free or simply 2 for 1. Last time I used, the restaurant charges for both but in a day or two, one cover charge is credited/refunded. 

52 minutes ago, wallyj said:

The coupon that seems to be of value to some is the BOGO for specialty restaurant on embarkation day. Meaning buy one dinner get the second free or simply 2 for 1. Last time I used, the restaurant charges for both but in a day or two, one cover charge is credited/refunded. 

The rest of the book could be used as a coaster or to level a chair. Now that they removed the chair and table it's totally useless. Good thing it's being added to the medallion.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 1:00 PM, canadarocks said:

Can anyone who has sailed in 2020 please tell me if the BOGO coupon for a First Night Specialty Restaurant dinner is still in the Cruise Night Coupon Book?

Just boarded the Royal today 1/11/2020. My friends have the coupon book from thier TA. It has been updated with  December 2020 expiration date and it DOES have the specialty BOGO coupon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Just boarded the Royal today 1/11/2020. My friends have the coupon book from thier TA. It has been updated with  December 2020 expiration date and it DOES have the specialty BOGO coupon.

An answer! Thanks so much. 🙂