Live Again from Oasis 1/12/2020 - No Dawgs, lots of CATS🐯

John&LaLa

11 minutes ago, Drock20J said:

From your C&A Lunch menu, I can only assume that the Executive Chef is German?

The Spatzle sounds AMAZING!!!

Also, I am so excited for you to see CATS again tonight!

It wasn't as cheesy as I thought it would be, but the fried onion topping was to die for. 

The pear app was very good as well

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It wasn't as cheesy as I thought it would be, but the fried onion topping was to die for. 

No pics? 🙂 Did you have the surf & turf?

23 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

No pics? 🙂 Did you have the surf & turf?

Laura had surf and turf and I had the veal. I ususlly order different because I end up eating most of hers anyway. It was all very good.

Laura is on me about taking to many pictures.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

CATS is officially fair game now.

Sitting in my cabana contemplating what I want to get out of tonight's performance.

20200117_093909.thumb.jpg.1b0fe40853f8fc2d7e5f677ffaec83b6.jpg

Do i just sit back and take it in, or take notes on what gets canned. I believe the consensus is Pekes and Pollicles, plus Growltiger.

Laura won't go tonight, so I might grab my favorite solo seat next to the lower stairs and take pictures.  So then I need to figure out which camera. Cell or DSLR. 

The cast seems new, but based on One Sky, the actor who plays Deuteronomy is familiar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The cast seems new, but based on One Sky, the actor who plays Deuteronomy is familiar. 

From the pictures that I saw recently, you are correct OD is played by Doug Askew (He was with us on the Noro-cruise last year.)

I did see the CATS Wiki page has been updated to show what songs were cut, but I will leave that as a surprise. I will say, that not only did they save time by cutting songs, they also saved money by possibly cutting an actor as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheCount said:

Just like frozen biscuits is  🇨🇦 for hockey pucks. 👍

A&L_Ont

hope your son’s hockey season has been a great one. 

That is correct about the biscuits..... MMM biscuits.  I totally thought John would have noticed how we spell favour, not the WTH.😉

Owen is doing well this year.  First time on a Rep Hockey team, 2nd year PeeWee.  The team is a 50/50 team and they are just 2 games into playoffs with 2 wins.  His coach has been great this year and is only 23.  He did tell Owen (on the slide) that he was tied for 13 in the league for points out of 250 players.  Pretty amazing considering our team has only scored 60 goals in regular season.  We have a team mate that is even higher ranked but a few of the younger and smaller kids have a harder time keeping up.

Sorry John for the digressions. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Rule of thumb is, if his laptop lid is up, move along. He works around 5 hours a day. 

He is a very gracious gentleman

Thanks for this.  Will definitely respect his working & free time.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the Oasis review.  Enjoying it all very much.  CK lunch menus helpful too.  Not a huge fan of CK but do like going

occasionally.  Looks like a good option for boarding day for sure.  Best menu is Labadee, but we plan to get off that day &

enjoy the island.  As in GS will be able to enjoy the private area.  Good for my husband as he has mobility issues and needs

the cart transportation to get there safely.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Ack!  How did I miss you starting this post??!!  Anyways... I could read through 17 pages, but I’m feeling lazy 😉. Did you try Portside BBQ?  If so, how was it?

Tomorrow night

On 1/14/2020 at 3:22 PM, John&LaLa said:

That was one of my guesses

Okay I'm late to the party but Growltiger's Last Stand and The Awefull Battle of the Pekes and the Pollicles are my guesses for the cuts tonight too. Most productions I've seen keep one or the other, shave them both and there's your missing 25-30 minutes of runtime. I love those numbers but they are awefully long 😂

(BTW I had an orange tom whose middle name was Growltiger.) 

Edited by booplesnoople

3 hours ago, Drock20J said:

Which ever way you choose... please snap a few pics of Bomba for me!

I brought my new camera, way more complicated than my old Canon. 

Using a 50mm 1.4 lens

I figure I'll have an hour to get my technique figured out before her duet with Demeter.

3 minutes ago, booplesnoople said:

Okay I'm late to the party but Growltiger's Last Stand and The Awefull Battle of the Pekes and the Pollicles are my guesses for the cuts tonight. Most productions I've seen keep one or the other, shave them both and there's your missing 25-30 minutes of runtime. I love those numbers but they are awefully long 😂

(BTW I had an orange tom whose middle name was Growltiger.) 

I'll miss Gridlebone

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Several years ago, on a ski week in Winter Park, we dined at Gästhaus Eichler and our wonderful app was Fried Brie with poached pear and cranberries. Never ever forgot it. 

Seeing it on your menu made me wish I’d live long enough to make Pinnacle!

• Like 1