Live Again from Oasis 1/12/2020 - No Dawgs, lots of CATS🐯

John&LaLa

39 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

We are thinking about it too.  Looks like a fabulous ship. We'll see how it goes.

I'm waiting to see how packed it is. And if I can find a deal. We have mid level perks on Carnival.  Haven't sailed since Glory in 2007

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cruzingduo said:

Thanks for all your help & another great review.

How do I stop cruise critic from notifying me for new posts on this thread?

Click on the follow button at bottom of thread

Screenshot_20200119-141151_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0f727510f9a88dbd50fc5bcdc8c78e71.jpg

You should see this. Either unfollow, or turn off notifications

Screenshot_20200119-141347_Chrome.thumb.jpg.91778d66fa53ddbebcd7066a5a8ca916.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

18 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I can't believe your week is up. I hope it was a great cruise for you and that you enjoyed the new "stuff"on the ship. 

Enjoy your next cruise on the Mariner.

I look forward to your cruise compasses from this cruise

You may have to wait a week. Not sure I can scan them all tonight. Leave for Mariner 4 day tomorrow 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks for posting this.  We were able to watch the livestream since we don't get the NASA channel.  Amazing to watch.

Today was a special launch. Not often does one get to see a rocket blow up. This was on purpose. Too bad the cloud cover prohibited us from seeing here in Ormond Beach. There was a time during the early days when more blew up than made in. We watched them from the bank of the Indian River in Titusville. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Today was a special launch. Not often does one get to see a rocket blow up. This was on purpose. Too bad the cloud cover prohibited us from seeing here in Ormond Beach. There was a time during the early days when more blew up than made in. We watched them from the bank of the Indian River in Titusville. 

Yes, I know this was a test.  We wanted to watch it but had forgotten it was this weekend.  The livestream had a split screen with multiple cameras on the capsule and a live camera from a chase aircraft.  Last one we saw live while in Florida, the payload actually had something that my husband had worked on.  

• Like 2

Last nights dinner was Playmakers.  We went at 6pm, but they were out of brisket, they asked us to come back at 6:30. Luckily that wasn't an issue. We headed to SL for cocktails.  

Headed back down at 6:30, and they had brisket. We ordered the 3 meat platter for $15.50, 2 meat was $3 less. Add 18%

Got brisket, ribs, and chicken. Plus mac n cheese and coleslaw.  Dessert was banana pudding. Topped it off with a Diamond voucher Bud Light

20200119_144453.thumb.jpg.d6e95d2c02e700e58d88d72e48d1c082.jpg

Plenty of food for two. Barbecue is messy😉

20200119_144535.thumb.jpg.b3b9820c23791f2ae8ab3581497af6fb.jpg

In addition to the basic sauce,  they have mustard and hot versions. I liked the basic one,  very peppery

20200119_144523.thumb.jpg.c2d929202b3d5d5b905dbfe858c939fc.jpg

Ribs were great, chicken great, brisket was a miss. Bummer. It was tough as leather. The manager came by and adked how it was, he agreed on the brisket,  so he brought us the burnt ends. Beef and pork. Very good, but honestly we were full.

20200119_144511.thumb.jpg.92fb62a97b206c4a8d833ac4f9bd4401.jpg

Mac n cheese was good, cole slaw was about the same as Jammer, should have gotten corn on the cob.

Banana pudding was fabulous, even though I was full, I forced about half of it down. Definitely try it.

Also enjoyed the singer,  but we couldn't stay, needed to get to CATS by 7:30🐱

• Like 1

Stopped by cabin to grab my last Diamond Corona, and a glass of Beringer for Laura. 

Headed to Deck 4 and got there about 20 after and scored front and center seats. No Genie towels tonight.

Laura had the aisle because my cup holder was broken. So she got the CATS, not me. I'm not sure she liked that. Alonzo did the Naming of Cats up close and personal. And Victoria purred for her at the end. 

I really enjoyed front row, you can really see the expressions of the cast. I like watching them react to the others performing. 

Pictures to follow, maybe tonight.

Still doing laundry so I can pack for tomorrow

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm really considering booking Mardi Gras next year.

Wow, I think that’s going to be an awesome cruise ship.  I hope you guys do, a review from you about the Mardi Gras would be very interesting indeed!  

• Like 2

Another Cruise tomorrow?  Wow, did you win the lottery or something or is Cats that good of a show you need to see it as many times you can🤣.  Not that’s a bad thing mind you but I’ve never came across someone who enjoyed this show as you.  BTW, do you even own a cat at home?  

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm really considering booking Mardi Gras next year.

Two words: Havana Room!

We stayed in a Havana inside cabin on the Vista in 2017, the restricted access to two hot tubs and pool to Havana only guests was so worth it if you like a quieter pool. Especially since the pool situation is not ideal on Carnival, way too small/not enough. 

Glad you enjoyed your cruise! I'll have to look back, but I don't remember seeing any comments on the Cats movie, just on the changes they made to Oasis' production 😉 I've seen you tease in several other threads you wouldn't comment on the movie until this Live, I'm a little let down 😂

1 hour ago, James4me said:

Another Cruise tomorrow?  Wow, did you win the lottery or something or is Cats that good of a show you need to see it as many times you can🤣.  Not that’s a bad thing mind you but I’ve never came across someone who enjoyed this show as you.  BTW, do you even own a cat at home?  

We're on Mariner next.

I won lottery when I met Laura 36 years ago 

FWIW, we're no cat people

I did just get this, though.

20200110_142959.thumb.jpg.c78b5b9927844af477e80451255c9dfa.jpg

And I'm one of the few that saw the new movie🤣🤣

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, MainerRN92 said:

Two words: Havana Room!

We stayed in a Havana inside cabin on the Vista in 2017, the restricted access to two hot tubs and pool to Havana only guests was so worth it if you like a quieter pool. Especially since the pool situation is not ideal on Carnival, way too small/not enough. 

Glad you enjoyed your cruise! I'll have to look back, but I don't remember seeing any comments on the Cats movie, just on the changes they made to Oasis' production 😉 I've seen you tease in several other threads you wouldn't comment on the movie until this Live, I'm a little let down 😂

I have lots of opinions on the movie. I'll share later tonight since you asked 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We're on Mariner next.

Awww that was the sweetest thing to say about your wife 🥰

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We're on Mariner next.

I saw the movie and no one in the theater walked out or booed or laughed or other reactions I read about.

I found it strange and weird and enjoyable. You just have to suspend all expectations and enjoy the weirdness😊

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Going through the CATS pictures now. There are a lot. I'll share a few tonight, but probably need to start a new thread just about CATS

Please keep the CATS report as part of this thread.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Great idea. A thread about CATS. 

The Gumbie Trio

Demeter

Bombalurina

Jellylorum

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5023.thumb.JPG.8d94bcf14cfe701ea3793aa71952a975.JPG

IMG_5025.thumb.JPG.400d070564e8162629e8e8ad534c2775.JPG

IMG_5026.thumb.JPG.7db4022ed107a3df7fb5ddd3585da8e8.JPG

IMG_5027.thumb.JPG.ef6d89d021ca16aac61cacd5ecb5ced9.JPG

Jennyanydots

IMG_5035.thumb.JPG.56fc595c2febf72d3e2c74c0ed9cdf92.JPG

Strangely enough, the audience loved dancing cockroaches.

IMG_5034.thumb.JPG.a5896fb39647bfe41d11e260e6bb6a3c.JPG

BTW, these pictures are from the show last night. Shot with a super wide angle and not using the viewfinder.

I just rested my camera on my chest and pointed in the general direction.  I did make adjustments based on the earlier hints of Sea Dog and BobMac

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

CATS 2019 movie, my thoughts

1) casting was wrong. A squeeky Judy Dench had no business playing Old Deuteronomy. Taylow Swift was to big a diva to play Bomba, she only wanted to do McCavity, and the character performs in at least three major numbers.

2) Victoria wasn't all white.

3) critics spent to much time complaining about CGI fur, ears and tails

4) they had the wrong CATS singing in several numbers

5) the Skimbleshanks choreography was all wrong

6) they left out the best line from Gus. I could do it again. But so did the new version from Royal. I covered that earlier

7) all the McCavity kidnappings were useless and stupid

😎 other than that it was fun

• Like 1