Cape Liberty Modern Hotels w Brkfst recommendations

jrljel

Leaving with a group on July 4 on Oasis out of CL, I have stayed several places there when cruising before but I can't remember, lol!  I want a modern and new or recently refurbished hotel (but not too modern) for my group to stay the night before that is close to the port and not far from the PA Turnpike.  What is your best recommendation please?  I also have a number of the group flying in so maybe close to EWR???  Thanks in advance!

38 minutes ago, jrljel said:

Leaving with a group on July 4 on Oasis out of CL, I have stayed several places there when cruising before but I can't remember, lol!  I want a modern and new or recently refurbished hotel (but not too modern) for my group to stay the night before that is close to the port and not far from the PA Turnpike.  What is your best recommendation please?  I also have a number of the group flying in so maybe close to EWR???  Thanks in advance!

How many people?  How many people per room & bed size requirements?  Hotel budget per night?  

Dinner requirements? (Many hotels with free breakfast have no inhouse or nearby dining)

Transportation requirements?  If everyone wants to stay together, staying at EWR makes sense for everyone. 

24 minutes ago, 138east said:

How many people?  How many people per room & bed size requirements?  Hotel budget per night?  

Dinner requirements? (Many hotels with free breakfast have no inhouse or nearby dining)

Transportation requirements?  If everyone wants to stay together, staying at EWR makes sense for everyone. 

All doubles, 16 people, queen or doubles, just the standard.  No need to make a big deal of this.  Just a normal hotel. I am not stupid.  No budget.  We can afford whatever.  Want free breakfast if possible.  Just tell me what you have used and what you like.  That's all I'm asking. I will take care of the rest.  Almost all hotels have free shuttles from airport so that's no biggie.

Edited by jrljel

1 hour ago, jrljel said:

All doubles, 16 people, queen or doubles, just the standard.  No need to make a big deal of this.  Just a normal hotel. I am not stupid.  No budget.  We can afford whatever.  Want free breakfast if possible.  Just tell me what you have used and what you like.  That's all I'm asking. I will take care of the rest.  Almost all hotels have free shuttles from airport so that's no biggie.

This came across a bit rude, no one called you stupid. How was she to know what type of bed situation your party needed, or whether or not you wanted dinner, or that you had no budget?  The AP is one of the most helpful posters on this board.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

This came across a bit rude, no one called you stupid. How was she to know what type of bed situation your party needed, or whether or not you wanted dinner, or that you had no budget?  The AP is one of the most helpful posters on this board.

I agree, it was really unnecessarily rude.  That's one reason I tend to avoid replying on this board anymore.  MANY people do need dinner, or have a fixed amount of funds.....

• Like 1

I found that person's reply rude!!!!  I am not stupid! Just asked a simple question.  No need to question every little thing.  This is why I'd rather be able to post this on the regular Royal board.  Thanks for the suggestion for Embassy Suites.  I will look at that.

10 hours ago, jrljel said:

I want a modern and new or recently refurbished hotel (but not too modern) for my group to stay the night before that is close to the port and not far from the PA Turnpike. 

Post back when you decide as my friend is in the same situation and I did not know what to tell him since the cruise port and PA turnpike are more than an hour apart. Stupid me, I was going to suggest the Rodeway Inn by Sesame Place as that is not far from the turnpike.

🍑

Oh there are rude people on the main board too...and they won't be helpful.

The motel 6 is lovely. As is the Crowne Plaza. Scenic view of a strip club.

Time to block the op and go back to safety....

If you're so wanty, go book on your own. Try the Best Western or Wyndham. They are perfect.

• Like 1

If you want something to look at, or have some extra time, I would recommend any of the name brand hotels in Jersey City near the hudson, as you get nice views from several or just walking along the river is scenic. Or you can hop on the Path train to get in and out of the city. Best for those just flying in as parking there is still expensive. Short Uber/car service ride to the port from there.

We stayed at the Marriott at the airport. They are very close but it would be difficult to walk there. What is nice is they have a 24 hr shuttle from any of the 3 terminals. Very handy and nice hotel.