Barbados around the island tour

cruising777

Hello,

Looking for a tour that will take my husband and I around the entire island of Barbados.  We are not interested in the boatyard, we take cruises to explore the island!  We are in port from 10am-7pm therefore I think we need to take a private tour as I contacted several of the group tour companies through trip advisor and they all depart prior to 10am.  Any recommendations for tour guides?  Looking for inexpensive but reliable, and good.  Thank you!

If there's a group of you - three or four couples
you might hire one of those 10-12-seater mini-vans

and let your driver know what sort of interests y'all have.

History? Scenic stuff? (East coast for sure)

Historic Churches(St. John's) etc.

It's your day, and s/he don't care how you guys fill his next 6 hrs.

S/He'll take you wherever your interests seem to guide the party.

You might have Lunch at Sand Dunes in Belleplaine -or somewhere..

SAND Dunes.jpg

Mullins-28A.jpg

Bathsheba-442.jpg

CherryView-055.jpg

NickAbbey-045.jpg

EastCoast-32.jpg

Spiral-44A.jpg

St.Johns_Church.jpg

Sundial-23.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 6:57 PM, Aplmac said:

If there's a group of you - three or four couples
you might hire one of those 10-12-seater mini-vans

and let your driver know what sort of interests y'all have.

History? Scenic stuff? (East coast for sure)

Historic Churches(St. John's) etc.

It's your day, and s/he don't care how you guys fill his next 6 hrs.

S/He'll take you wherever your interests seem to guide the party.

You might have Lunch at Sand Dunes in Belleplaine -or somewhere..

SAND Dunes.jpg

Mullins-28A.jpg

Bathsheba-442.jpg

CherryView-055.jpg

NickAbbey-045.jpg

EastCoast-32.jpg

Spiral-44A.jpg

St.Johns_Church.jpg

Sundial-23.jpg

What beach is that above? It's gorgeous! 

• Like 1

We did a tour with Carson Moore a few years ago.  We did a lap of the island and did finish up at a beachside restaurant for a flying fish sandwich.

We’ve also rented a car and done the same circuit on our own. The roads are very good and pretty well marked. It’s fun to drive on the “wrong” side of the road. 

• 3 months later...

We cruised Feb 2020 and looked into hiring a private driver for the day. We found it to be quite expensive and ended up renting a car from Voyager.

If you are willing to rent a car and drive yourself it will likely be much cheaper, but we know not everyone is comfortable with that. The island does use right hand drive cars and drives on the left side of the road. We are not used to that but we got along fine. 

We were able to visit 8 different beaches (Soup Bowl, Bathsheba, Shark Hole, Bottom Bay, Crane Beach, Foul Bay, Miami Beach and Browns Beach). If you are interested in seeing video from driving on the island and each beach we made a video that can be found here: https://youtu.be/44YINUGLPSo

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 2:09 PM, beachwalker85 said:

We cruised Feb 2020 and looked into hiring a private driver for the day. We found it to be quite expensive and ended up renting a car from Voyager.

If you are willing to rent a car and drive yourself it will likely be much cheaper, but we know not everyone is comfortable with that. The island does use right hand drive cars and drives on the left side of the road. We are not used to that but we got along fine. 

We were able to visit 8 different beaches (Soup Bowl, Bathsheba, Shark Hole, Bottom Bay, Crane Beach, Foul Bay, Miami Beach and Browns Beach). If you are interested in seeing video from driving on the island and each beach we made a video that can be found here: https://youtu.be/44YINUGLPSo

I enjoyed your video very much.  Thank you.  For us older folks it sounds like we might enjoy Browns Beach.  We would like to snorkel there right off the beach.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 1:40 PM, CM1984 said:

I enjoyed your video very much.  Thank you.  For us older folks it sounds like we might enjoy Browns Beach.  We would like to snorkel there right off the beach.

Thanks so much for the feedback, that is one big reason we make our videos, to help others plan their travels. Browns Beach was great for snorkeling off the beach. We hope you enjoy it!

On 6/15/2020 at 8:09 AM, TTEllis said:

Barbados Scenic Tours we had a once in a lifetime day with these people. Top shelf tour great van great drinks all day, see the entire island. Have a great day we certainly did. Todd

That sounds like a lot of fun, then you don't have to worry about adjusting to driving on the other side of the road (if you are used to driving on the right hand side).

On 6/27/2020 at 3:16 PM, beachwalker85 said:

That sounds like a lot of fun, then you don't have to worry about adjusting to driving on the other side of the road (if you are used to driving on the right hand side).

I'm a non driver as it is. I drive a quite a bit but don't enjoy or have any interest in it. The idea of driving  on an island on my vacation and ending up in a Caribbean or Mexican jail I can't do that  anymore, plus my parents would  tell them to leave me in jail for the rest of my life. I take the tour. Have a great time Todd