Received My Medallions; But.......?

Woobstr112G

Several days ago DW and I received our medallions for our upcoming b2b cruise on the Sky. The came in two different boxes.  In one box, there was a medallion for each of us.  The second box only contained a medallion for my DW.  The second box packaging was only for a solo medallion.

I’m confused, did I get the boot from one of the Cruises......😂

Bob

I've not had this happen on my last b2b with the medallion so I'm only guessing - could either of you have ordered the medallion then later realized you needed to order for both and done that? I guess that could produce this situation. As long as the rez is correct on your Princess web page, I wouldn't worry. Just take all 3 with you to the port - or call Princess. Good luck and happy sailing!

Does your medallian have both cruise dates on it? Since your first cruise is correct, whatever the problem can be fixed once on board.If your B2B are linked, your first medallian may cover both.

When ordering the medallians, you have to say it is for both of you.

I wouldn't worry about this.

Our Spring 2019 B2B cruises had one Medallion that covered both cruises and this Spring’s B2B cruises are also being managed as a single cruise.  Both situations are for MedallionClass cruises & again this year’s cruises have one Medallion order for both cruises.

Maybe consider calling their Navigators section (844-525-0942) during weekday business hours to confirm the situation.  I’d think it’s an ordering glitch but if it were me I’d call them in advance to avoid any potential issues during embarkation. 

3 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Does your medallian have both cruise dates on it? Since your first cruise is correct, whatever the problem can be fixed once on board.If your B2B are linked, your first medallian may cover both.

Hi Joanie.  We both got one for the 25th sailing, but only a Holli received one for the February sailing.....

Bob

3 hours ago, san diego sue said:

One cruise each.....

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Our Spring 2019 B2B cruises had one Medallion that covered both cruises and this Spring’s B2B cruises are also being managed as a single cruise.  Both situations are for MedallionClass cruises & again this year’s cruises have one Medallion order for both cruises.

Maybe consider calling their Navigators section (844-525-0942) during weekday business hours to confirm the situation.  I’d think it’s an ordering glitch but if it were me I’d call them in advance to avoid any potential issues during embarkation. 

Thanks for the number Frank.  I’ll give them a call tomorrow.....😊😊😊

Bob

13 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Ha! Bob they will probably send you 3 more. 😉

Hopefully not. ☺️

I called them a couple of days ago about why their MedallionClass app showed our (and others on our r/c) Cruise Personalizer as Incomplete while the website’s CP showed Complete.  They quickly answered my question & learned something new about the MC system...it shows incomplete until final payment.  Last month we ordered our Medallions 6 weeks before final payment unlike both of our previous MC experiences last year which wouldn’t allow ordering Medallions until about 6 weeks prior to sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rentlady said:

Just curious after reading these post, am I suppose to order our medallions? Sailing in 6 weeks and have received nothing from our travel agent.

Is your cruise MedallionClass which would be noted on your Cruise Personalizer?  If not then print a boarding pass because you won’t get a Medallion.

If your cruise is MedallionClass & you’ve installed the MedallionClass app on your mobile device to complete the OceanReady process you could order your Medallion through the app to be delivered to your home within 2 weeks of your cruise.

However based on your post I’m guessing that you haven’t used the MedallionClass app which might be challenging this close to sailing.  If you’ve completed the necessary Cruise Personalizer information on the Princess website, you could print your boarding pass & get your Medallion during check-in at the cruise terminal.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good grief.  Over an hour on hold with the medallion peeps and nobody ever picked up.....

Bob

I really would not worry too much about it since you each have a Medallion to check-in with and board.  The PSD can fix you up for the next cruise. 

On 1/13/2020 at 12:59 AM, rentlady said:

Just curious after reading these post, am I suppose to order our medallions? Sailing in 6 weeks and have received nothing from our travel agent.

I would follow the advice above and add another step.............find another TA that knows the process and start looking at the videos that Princess provides.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:59 PM, rentlady said:

Your ship may not be a Medallian class ship. What ship are you sailing on?Your Personalizer will let you know if it is. 

Only a few ships have it right now. Royal, Regal, Sky, Caribbean Princess for sure.Maybe a couple of others.