Port Canaveral hotel

kelship

Hi all

Flying in to MCO the day before my (NCL) cruise out of Port Canaveral in April, they seem to be about an hour apart.

Is it better to stay near the airport or the cruise port for the night? 

Any hotel suggestions? 

On 1/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, kelship said:

Hi all

Flying in to MCO the day before my (NCL) cruise out of Port Canaveral in April, they seem to be about an hour apart.

Is it better to stay near the airport or the cruise port for the night? 

Any hotel suggestions? 

What time do you arrive into MCO?  If you arrive early and want to explore Cocoa Beach, etc. then head on over - the drive/ride takes about an hour.

We prefer to stay in Orlando, where there are 1000's of hotels in every price range, and use a one way car rental pre-cruise - letting us stay/dine/shop where we want.  Drop the car off in Cocoa Beach and ride the free shuttle to the port.  If you prefer to let someone else do the driving, there are several popular shared shuttles that will get you from MCO to PC for about $20-25+ per person (Cortrans and Cocoa Beach Shuttle are often suggested).  Lots of hotels near MCO with nearby dining, and the shuttles pick up at some, which will save you a trip back to the airport.

Post cruise, unless you have a late flight (after about 2:00 or so) I don't think a one-way car rental is worth the hassel - just use one of the shuttles.  Have a great cruise! 😎