MSC Meraviglia information needed

Danny61231

My wife and I sailed on the Seaside 2 years ago and really enjoyed spending our nights in the Haven lounge listening to upbeat music and watching people dance late into the night. 

Does the Meraviglia have a spot similar to the Haven lounge where they play upbeat music and dance late into the night?

We will be sailing with our two children for the first time and I'm wondering how the dress code works for dinners in the main dining room? My daughter is 6 and my son is 3. For my son would he be allowed to wear shorts and a nice shirt (polo or similar) even on elegant night? Are they strict as to what kind of shoes kids wear?

Our flight after the cruise isn't until Sunday evening so we need to waste as much time as possible. When it's time to disembark what is our best choice for getting off as late as possible? We've only been on 1 other cruise where we lined up and carried off our own luggage so that's the only way I know how to do things. 

Lastly, we will be in a fantastica interior and I was wondering about room service. I saw a menu listing sandwiches and salads which i assume are included for free? The menu also listed things such as burgers and wings but it appeared that those would cost extra? Also, the menu stated that after 11pm you need to pay a delivery fee and I was wondering if that's only for Bella or everyone?

Thanks, Dan

2 hours ago, Danny61231 said:

My daughter is 6 and my son is 3.

No dress code for small kids. But the Italians on board will dress their kids better than we ourselves on elegant night.

2 hours ago, Danny61231 said:

The menu also listed things such as burgers and wings but it appeared that those would cost extra?

Nothing is free except the very limited continental breakfast. But I am used to fantastica interior with four beds, believe me, you don't want the room service.

Sadly Meraviglia only has the small Meraviglia lounge  in the Galleria/Promenade near to the Theatre where most things go on and nothing compared to the size of the Haven lounge. There is the sky lounge which is larger which only seemed to have some kind of jazz music going on though we did not go there every night. There is a disco somewhere near the indoor sports court, not sure if they use this place for dancing. I would not worry too much about what shoes the kids wear.

Speak to Guest services and they will usually give you as late a disembarkation time as they can with late flights.

Room service includes the free continental breakfast.

Edited by ISLANDCRUSO

Thanks for the information guys. I'm really disappointed to hear that the Meraviglia doesn't have an area similar to the Haven lounge on the Seaside. Now to figure out what we'll do for our evening entertainment....

So, you're also saying that the only room service that is included for Fantastica is the continental breakfast? The menu I saw had a sandwich and salad portion that didn't show any charges and i figured that was at least included....

13 hours ago, ISLANDCRUSO said:

Sadly Meraviglia only has the small Meraviglia lounge  in the Galleria/Promenade near to the Theatre where most things go on and nothing compared to the size of the Haven lounge. There is the sky lounge which is larger which only seemed to have some kind of jazz music going on though we did not go there every night. There is a disco somewhere near the indoor sports court, not sure if they use this place for dancing.

What about the TV Studio lounge that is somewhere in the upper galleria area? It's promoted as having fun events there. I'm hoping for game show/ audience participation-type events that other cruise lines have but they did not have on the Seaside at all. I know I've at least seen some karaoke there on the schedules that have been posted. 

5 hours ago, Danny61231 said:

Thanks for the information guys. I'm really disappointed to hear that the Meraviglia doesn't have an area similar to the Haven lounge on the Seaside. Now to figure out what we'll do for our evening entertainment....

So, you're also saying that the only room service that is included for Fantastica is the continental breakfast? The menu I saw had a sandwich and salad portion that didn't show any charges and i figured that was at least included....

Don't be disappointed. The Meraviglia Lounge is smaller then the Haven Lounge but there is a lot of dancing in here. 

Do not forget to visit de Carrousel Lounge arround eleven at night, it will be open at some nights for dancing after the Cirque Shows.

And last but not least... The Galleria Party's are filled with dancing.

The Meraviglia is full of activities so just enjoy. As said before the Studio Lounge is a karaokebar but they also do trivia here as also in the Pub in combination with live music. The Sky lounge is 21+ and a more jazzy style lounge, with less dancing.

To mention your question about the roomservice on a fantastica cabin:

Only breakfast is free of charge and free of delivery. 

There is a menu on your cabin with more choises but on a additional fee.

Edited by Maikell

I agree that the Sky Lounge is beautiful, but the Jazz Duo playing there is not the best for dancing.  Yes, sadly, Meraviglia is nothing like Seaside for dancing.  Even Divina has better dance music venues than Meraviglia.  If you like Holland America Line's music, you might be happy dancing on Meraviglia.