Wind Star Greece/Turkey

bcaha

13 minutes ago, bcaha said:

If we choose to stay on the ship for the day (at Kusadasi) is that an issue in any way? thanks

There's never an issue with staying on board mid-cruise, but I think you'd be making a mistake. This can be a great casual day for a fairly quick excursion on your own. There's a nice shopping/restaurant area literally right at the end of the pier, and it's a quick walk to the island to the right where you can poke around for awhile. Very easy, and all very close.

I would book a tour to Ephesus. It's an amazing place, so much history and beautiful too!

I second the shopping/restaurant area at the pier. Funny story, after our tour of Ephesus, we still had a bit of time so we walked through that shopping area and found all sorts of goodies for our kids. But, we got so caught up in all the fun, we literally had to RUN to make the ship and we were literally the LAST PEOPLE to get back on our ship! The cruise folks were yelling at us and waving their arms; it was crazy! We can laugh at it now. (Not WS)

Get off and enjoy!!

I can not even imagine not going to Ephesus. It is a remarkable piece  of history, it is beautiful, fascinating etc. If you go on a tour beware of rug sellers. I told our guide we did  not  want to go to one They did anyway. Our guide was great but that aggravated me. It was a visually beautiful trip as well as culturally pertinent. I learned a lot which is my point in traveling. The sail away out of Istanbul fascinating, such a busy and diverse harbor. The sounds of the call to prayer over the water was lovely. Enjoy Happy Sailing.