Ji Ji Asian Kitchen on the Vista

bury me at sea

On 1/13/2020 at 3:47 PM, bury me at sea said:

Any comments on the food and experience at the Ji Ji Asian Kitchen on the Vista?

Thanks.

That is one restaurant I don't mind paying for because the entire experience is amazing.

I had an 8 day cruise and was upset I only booked JiJi for 2 nights the food was delicious and we were able to have to go plates they fill you up for the good price they have...last night of the cruise I'm guessing so many people were talking about it they were sold out...it's better to book in advance for jiji

Mrs Jimmy and I absolutely love Ji Ji's. We've sailed on Vista and Horizon and really enjoyed Ji Ji's on both. The food and service were excellent and certainly the best value per $ on board. So good we went twice on both sailings.

Ji Ji's is used at lunchtime as the Mongolian Wok ( no charge ) which I would also recommend. Our next Carnival cruise is on the Radiance transatlantic and we were actually annoyed when we discovered that Radiance has a Cucina but not a Ji Ji's. That's a wrong decision in my opinion, I'd much rather have Ji Ji's. 

20 hours ago, JimmyTheSaint said:

Mrs Jimmy and I absolutely love Ji Ji's. We've sailed on Vista and Horizon and really enjoyed Ji Ji's on both. The food and service were excellent and certainly the best value per $ on board. So good we went twice on both sailings.

Ji Ji's is used at lunchtime as the Mongolian Wok ( no charge ) which I would also recommend. Our next Carnival cruise is on the Radiance transatlantic and we were actually annoyed when we discovered that Radiance has a Cucina but not a Ji Ji's. That's a wrong decision in my opinion, I'd much rather have Ji Ji's. 

The lunch (Mongolian Wok) at Ji Ji’s was our favorite lunch on the Vista. We had lunch there 3 times on a 7 day cruise. 

20 hours ago, JimmyTheSaint said:

Our next Carnival cruise is on the Radiance transatlantic and we were actually annoyed when we discovered that Radiance has a Cucina but not a Ji Ji's. That's a wrong decision in my opinion, I'd much rather have Ji Ji's. 

I think they should be working on splitting all Cucina restaurants into half JiJi’s. I’m surprised they aren’t putting one on radiance. I thought they were putting both on Cucina and JiJis on their rebranded ships.

Edited by Saint Greg

I will have dinner at least 2 times when I cruise.  It is one of my favorite meals, love the Pork Belly, and the green beans.  Everything I have had was excellent.  You can go for lunch for free where they have a limited menu and it is also very good.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:50 AM, bahacca said:

I see you get an app, main and dessert. Are the sides extra charge?

You do get free side dishes, they will tell you how many according to the number of people in your party.  For example, we had 2 people first time, 3 people second time... each time we only got 2 side dishes but they were large bowls to share.  Plenty for the groups.

6 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

You do get free side dishes, they will tell you how many according to the number of people in your party.  For example, we had 2 people first time, 3 people second time... each time we only got 2 side dishes but they were large bowls to share.  Plenty for the groups.

I accidentally picked two sides when I was only supposed to pick one.  No big deal I would’ve canceled one of them. I heard them talking about it in the back. They ended up giving me both anyway...

8 hours ago, august1963 said:

Is there a dress code?  Is this the same restaurant that serves the sushi?  I guess I don't know where this is located.....

No dress code but I would follow the "rules" that apply to clothing in the MDR. It is not the same as Bonsai Sushi. It is up near the top. Don't know deck number, depends on ship probably (I think it was  like 11 on Vista). Across from Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant. Both of these venues are free at lunch but are not the dinner menu. They are build your own pastas (Cucina) or wok dishes (JiJis) at lunch. Cost for dinner is $15pp.

Edited by amyotravel

11 hours ago, august1963 said:

Is there a dress code?  Is this the same restaurant that serves the sushi?  I guess I don't know where this is located.....

No, they are 2 different restaurant.  Some ships have one or the other, only a few ships have both.  

Dress code is the same as the MDR...so casual nights are casual, elegant nights are elegant.  Not that anyone follows this...  

14 hours ago, august1963 said:

Location is above the lido buffet. They basically split the Italian restaurant in half and the other half is JiJi.