Chankanaab Questions

Cruiser933

Chankanaab is one of the options we are considering.

Does it "sell out" when there are a lot of ships in port?

Are there long lines to get in?

I know there are two beach areas, one with stairs to get in the water and one with a gradual sand beach.  Do either of them have quick drop offs?

Is there a swimming pool?  I have seen yes, no, and yes but you must buy drinks to use it.

Thanks!

No, there was not a long line.  No, it didn't sell out.  Only thing busy was the Sea Lion Show.  We just took a cab and bought tickets there.  Yes, there was a swimming pool.  We did not have to buy drinks.

I don't know about the stairs beach but the other one did not have quick drop off. It was a little alcove.  Not rough. People weren't in the open water beach because it was really rough seas. We were there right after the Glory crash incident. Super windy/super rough water, but the alcove Beach area was safe for my young kids. 

I can't really comment much because my day was ruined by having stomach issues (not from there) so I spent most of it in their bathrooms.  But the park looked really nice what little I saw of it.  It was rough seas the day we were there so the snorkeling was shut down but everything else was open.  Kids did dolphins with hubs, but I was in the bathroom. Sorry if TMI.  

On 1/13/2020 at 7:44 PM, Cruiser933 said:

Chankanaab is one of the options we are considering.

Does it "sell out" when there are a lot of ships in port?

Are there long lines to get in?

I know there are two beach areas, one with stairs to get in the water and one with a gradual sand beach.  Do either of them have quick drop offs?

Is there a swimming pool?  I have seen yes, no, and yes but you must buy drinks to use it.

Thanks!

Do not know about it selling out.
No long lines to get in.
The area with stairs is for snorklling. Several entry points.

The swimming beach is very small and like an alcove as the above poster mentioned. I thought the water was quite dirty in that area.

Very nice swimming pool with swim up bar. You do not have to buy a drink to use it. When we were there last week, it was packed with small diaper clad kids. You would be better off sitting at the further snorklling beach.