Nachi Cocom vs Mr. Sanchos

Cruisegirl70

I have read a lot about both places and torn between the two. However one of the determining factor will be if they serve beer in bottles? DH does not like draft bee. Does either place serve bottled beer? Also do you know if pools are heated? 

Edited by Cruisegirl70

Both places serve beer from bottles... HOWEVER...

At Mr. Sancho's they have two kinds of beer to choose from - both Mexican. They are poured into little plastic cup from bit 44-ounce bottles. It's not ideal.

At Nachi Cocom, they offer a selection of about 7-8 different Mexican beers - all come in individual 12-ounce bottles. If beer is important to your husband, I would go to Nachi Cocom. Honestly, in my opinion, most everything at Nachi Cocom (beer, mixed drinks, food, crowds) is better than Sancho's. The only reason to choose Sancho's would be if you want more of a spring break/party atmosphere instead of the chill, laid back atmosphere at Nachi.

Edited by MisterOJ2

5 minutes ago, Cruisegirl70 said:

I have read a lot about both places and torn between the two. However one of the determining factor will be if they serve beer in bottles? DH does not like draft bee. Does either place serve bottled beer? Also do you know if pools are heated? 

Nachi and Sanchos are very different. 

Many places will only serve beer in plastic cups around pool or beach areas, even if it was bottled.

The only pool on Cozumel advertised as heated is Paradise Beach. Great pool and facilities if you are looking for PAYG but again since there are activities busier than Nachi.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:33 PM, Cruisegirl70 said:

The pool at Mr. Sanchos isn't heated, but it's quite comfortable. Our last trip there was February of 2018. There are sunken seats around the pool bar, and tables anchored to the bottom around the perimeter. We just kept going back and forth between the ocean and the pool.

sanchos.jpg

8 hours ago, Cruisegirl70 said:

Thanks for everyone's help. I think for a variety of  reasons we will be going to Nachi as it best serves  our needs. 

Please come back after your cruise and post a review. 

52 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Please come back after your cruise and post a review. 

I'm not the OP but we went to Nachi the day after Christmas (for the 4th time) and had a wonderful, relaxing day (we were a group of 8 this time).  Our server was very attentive and we enjoyed a selection of bottled beer, bottled water, frozen drinks, fresh guacomole and delicious fish lunches.  There are plenty of palypas and shade from the palm trees as well as sunny areas.  There is a massage hut for those interested (no one in our group chose to partake) and options for paddle boarding & kayaking (not sure if these cost extra as we always lounge on the beach when we're there).  I also beleive there is an independent group that offers snorkling excursions from a nearby pier (they take you somewhere off the coast to do it).  Any seaweed that had naturally washed up on the beach was quickly raked up and karted away.

We've never been to Sanchos to compare - we always pick Nachi because we are looking for a quiet, relaxing beach day with limited crowds.  Nachi never disapoints.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, momofmab said:

I'm not the OP but we went to Nachi the day after Christmas (for the 4th time) and had a wonderful, relaxing day (we were a group of 8 this time).  Our server was very attentive and we enjoyed a selection of bottled beer, bottled water, frozen drinks, fresh guacomole and delicious fish lunches.  There are plenty of palypas and shade from the palm trees as well as sunny areas.  There is a massage hut for those interested (no one in our group chose to partake) and options for paddle boarding & kayaking (not sure if these cost extra as we always lounge on the beach when we're there).  I also beleive there is an independent group that offers snorkling excursions from a nearby pier (they take you somewhere off the coast to do it).  Any seaweed that had naturally washed up on the beach was quickly raked up and karted away.

We've never been to Sanchos to compare - we always pick Nachi because we are looking for a quiet, relaxing beach day with limited crowds.  Nachi never disapoints.

Thanks!  That has always been our experience at Nachi Cocom.

Thank you for this thread. Just booked Nachi Cocom for our March cruise. We are a multigenerational family group of 6 and that seems more the older generations speed which is fine by us. Relaxing beach day with food and drinks is very cool. We will definitely give Mr. Sancho's a go in the future when it is just us though as that looks very fun to me.

Thanks for the recommendations y'all. Makes my life (as the family cruise planner and chief bottle washer) easier.

• Like 1