Orient Beach ?

hartskys

How much is a taxi to Orient Beach or is a bus cheaper?  We would like to visit the French side.  Any recommendations on the best part of the beach to go?  Hopefully most have recouped since the hurricane.  Also how much are chairs and umbrellas?  I googled and searched the forum but most of the info is from a long time ago.  Thanks :)

I think that now taxi to Orient Beach from port is $7 or $8 per person - no good way to take a bus.  Do not plan on using bus to get any where near Orient beach unless you are very familiar with the island and have done it before. 

Two chairs and one umbrella are normally between $20 and $30 - some places offer additional amenities in connection with chairs/umbrellas, such as access to rest room and drinks. 

"Best part of beach" is very subjective.  If you have not been there before, you may want to walk beach and see what you think.

There are places from which to rent jet skis - you normally do not need to rent in advance.  I know that Bikini rents them - if wanting certainty of availability, you could google Bikini Orient Beach and see if you can find contact information to ask them about reserving.  Again, I do not think that is necessary.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I last visited Orient Beach in August 2019. Just wondering how things are progressing since last summer. We tend to stay on the nude side and did enjoy Perch Lite the last time we were there. If anyone has been recently, we'd love to hear about their visit.

• 3 weeks later...

Orient Beach has progressed well since last summer - except that Club O is still a disaster area.  Beach has been busy, Perch is doing well, the Carbets are getting open but I am not sure they all have power and water yet - if not, they should have both very soon.

• 2 months later...

I used to go to Club Orient back in the day. The little surf and snorkel shop at the far right end of Orient is nice. Haven't been to the French side in years always been doing a cat. tour over to Maho which is always packed and always lots of fun. 

Next visit to STM going straight over to Orient taxi's both ways never a problem, great laid back vibe on Orient. Water is awesome beach is beautiful. Ice cold beers for purchase everywhere it's nice over there. Later Todd