Which ship with kids

NewSalt

We did a land cruise to Alaska a couple of years ago, and I’ve been dying to go back with our grandsons ever since. I think I have my DD convinced to consider it in 2021, when they’ll be 8 and 11.  

I think the seven-day cruise only would be better; I recall long stretches of land travel that they would find boring.

Any suggestions as to which ship would have the most activities that they would enjoy?  I loved our Princess trip because of all the informative lectures, but I think that two very active boys would find them too reminiscent of school. They’ve been on five or six Caribbean cruises, and love them, but I can’t imagine that on an Alaska cruise they would get much pool time, their favorite ship activity. I know there will be excursions they’d find interesting, but I’d like to choose a ship that would also have other things they’d enjoy

Any suggestions? 

We took our daughter on the Star Princess 3 years ago when she was 7 and she loved it.  They have an inside pool and several of their other ships do as well (but not all).  She made tons of friends. We’re going on Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas To Alaska this summer and it has an indoor pool and lots of activities so we’re excited about that.