Port Canaveral shuttle - GoPort vs. Cortrans

illiniwahoo

I've been researching shuttle companies. We are taking Cortrans to the port since the pick up directly from our hotel, and the pictures online show smaller vehicles than GoPort so I'm hoping there will be less stops.  (I know this is an assumption).

On the way back, however, I'm having trouble deciding what service to use. We are picking up a rental car, so no strict time deadline to be at MCO. GoPort seems to just put you on the next available bus, and when it's full, it leaves. Cortrans give you a shuttle time. This seems a little more stressful - trying to guess how much time it takes to get through customs and immigration so we won't miss the shuttle.  But I have heard other posting referencing long lines for GoPort (although they all refer to "hearing" goport had long lines, not a first hand experience).

Anybody use either of these services that can share their experiences on the transport to MCO? (or have a better shared ride shuttle to recommend?)

We usually drive when we cruise from Port Canaveral, but I use GoPort for my clients cruising from Port Canaveral. The buses are always there and fill up quickly so you're not waiting forever. There are lines but it's usually people waiting to put their luggage under the bus. The drivers help with that. Their shuttles are at PC consistently until around 10 am. I sent 40 people to Port Canaveral on GoPort shuttles last year. Not one complaint. 

On 1/15/2020 at 5:44 AM, illiniwahoo said:

I've been researching shuttle companies. We are taking Cortrans to the port since the pick up directly from our hotel, and the pictures online show smaller vehicles than GoPort so I'm hoping there will be less stops.  (I know this is an assumption).

On the way back, however, I'm having trouble deciding what service to use. We are picking up a rental car, so no strict time deadline to be at MCO. GoPort seems to just put you on the next available bus, and when it's full, it leaves. Cortrans give you a shuttle time. This seems a little more stressful - trying to guess how much time it takes to get through customs and immigration so we won't miss the shuttle.  But I have heard other posting referencing long lines for GoPort (although they all refer to "hearing" goport had long lines, not a first hand experience).

Anybody use either of these services that can share their experiences on the transport to MCO? (or have a better shared ride shuttle to recommend?)

Is renting a car from Port Canaveral instead of MCO not an option for you? Then you do not have to deal with shared shuttles!

7 hours ago, illiniwahoo said:

No, I'm staying longer for business so need to get the car at MCO.

You can rent near PC and then drop the car at MCO days or weeks later.  Not sure why how long you need the car makes a difference? 🤔

I used GoPortCanaveral this past December. We used the Fly Snooze Cruise package. Our flight got into MCO later in the day so we chose a hotel near MCO. We used the hotel shuttle to get to the hotel. The bus picked us up the next morning, we were the first stop, and we only picked up at one other hotel literally next door. It is a larger coach bus, but very comfortable. On our way back, we got to the line for pickup when there were only about 15 people in line. We waited maybe 10 minutes, probably less than that, and the next bus arrived. There were some people in our line that didn't make it on that bus because the line filled up quickly behind us, but another bus was pulling in the slot next to ours as we were pulling away. Fair warning, there is only one drop off spot due to the way MCO is set up. The drop off is at terminal A, so if you're flying out of terminal B you have to hoof it across the airport. It's not GoPorts fault, it's just how MCO is. I loved GoPort, I would recommend it to anyone. It was very user friendly! 

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2020 at 7:06 PM, MainerRN92 said:

I used GoPortCanaveral this past December. We used the Fly Snooze Cruise package. Our flight got into MCO later in the day so we chose a hotel near MCO. We used the hotel shuttle to get to the hotel. The bus picked us up the next morning, we were the first stop, and we only picked up at one other hotel literally next door. It is a larger coach bus, but very comfortable. On our way back, we got to the line for pickup when there were only about 15 people in line. We waited maybe 10 minutes, probably less than that, and the next bus arrived. There were some people in our line that didn't make it on that bus because the line filled up quickly behind us, but another bus was pulling in the slot next to ours as we were pulling away. Fair warning, there is only one drop off spot due to the way MCO is set up. The drop off is at terminal A, so if you're flying out of terminal B you have to hoof it across the airport. It's not GoPorts fault, it's just how MCO is. I loved GoPort, I would recommend it to anyone. It was very user friendly! 

Thanks for the detailed feedback.

• Like 1

We used Go Port Canaveral shuttle service a couple of years ago and wouldn't use them again. They were almost 2-hrs late arriving to the hotel to pick us up. I called 5 different times and was told each time "he's just about to your location". Lie!

Our 10:00am pick up time turned out to be 11:57am. Never again!