Hearing Loss Question

Redsky5292

Morning!   Our six year old son has mild to moderate hearing loss in his right ear, his left ear has normal hearing.  He wears a hearing aid during the day, however he can still hear without the aid, just not as clearly out of his right ear and he doesn't need any accommodations such as a sign language interpreter, flashing lights for the alarms etc.  Should I still notify the special needs desk?  I looked at the form that Royal has online and I basically would just be putting his name and other identifying info in it but nothing else.

I wouldn’t unless you were concerned about times when he might not be with you. For example, at the kids’ program, you could just mention it in advanced to the counselors in case he seemed to not notice their instructions.

I’m assuming It’s unlikely you would leave him alone in the room asleep, so you would always be with him during potential emergencies.

I always ask special services for captioning on the room TV but it doesn’t happen (on Celebrity or Holland America) for live broadcasts like news programs coming into the ship via satellite. Very frustrating.