Shore Excuirsions Cancelled

j0nny5

I just got a notice from Carnival via email that our Cozumel shore excursions were cancelled. We had the Atlantis Submarine and Beach Buggy/Snorkel tours booked. (Valor 7/9/06)

Does this mean the ship will likely skip Cozumel as a port of call?

Hrmph. Was looking forward to those two. I know, I know, I have to expect the worst, and I'm ready for the idea of spending all 7 days at sea (Oh no! What will I do, what with all of the food and entertainment!? ;), but those were my favorites...

Do you think they'll re-instate them? As a first timer, I'm not sure how these things usually end up.

Sounds like there is a good chance they are canceling Cozumel on you. I have read several other posters saying Cozumel was replaced with another port (Calica or Costa Maya). Too bad, cause Cozumel was great, but I heard the hurricane did a number on it. :(

Sounds like there is a good chance they are canceling Cozumel on you. I have read several other posters saying Cozumel was replaced with another port (Calica or Costa Maya). Too bad, cause Cozumel was great, but I heard the hurricane did a number on it. :(

Cozumel is still recovering from Hurricane Katrina, as well as several other tropical storms to make landfall there. For some reason, Cozumel seems to suffer the most out of many of the islands north of the Yucatan. Sea days aren't bad at all. I actually prefer them.

jcruise

Archived