Vietnam visa

Crannicky

Hi, we are from Scotland and going with Celebrity in a few weeks on an Asian cruise. My TA said as we are from the UK and not staying over 15 days in Vietnam we will not require a visa for there. Just looking to check how anyone from UK had got on re visa when they cruised there. Thanks.

Anne

We did a Celebrity cruise last year with 2 ports in Vietnam. The ship arranged visas for those who needed them and charged our on board accounts. I think it was $6/pp. I seem to recall several countries that didn't need them, but if you do, its no big expense, and the ship took care of everything . Assuming you aren't leaving the ship for overnight trips

Edited by mom says

Like Denmark also  UK passport holders can stay 15 days in Vietnam without visa. But in general Vietnam is not a problem since as 'mom says', the ship will arrange for visa or more correctly a landing card for guests with a nationality requiring a visa..

Guest who do not need a visa are not charged.

Enjoy your cruise - definitely my favourite part of the world.

21 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Like Denmark also  UK passport holders can stay 15 days in Vietnam without visa. But in general Vietnam is not a problem since as 'mom says', the ship will arrange for visa or more correctly a landing card for guests with a nationality requiring a visa..

Guest who do not need a visa are not charged.

Enjoy your cruise - definitely my favourite part of the world.

We did a land trip and had to get our visas in advance. No biggie.

Celebrity charge $6 for passengers on ship tours and $28 for passengers doing independant tours.

We will be on Millennium in February and this is the latest information from Celebrity sent to all the passengers.

Regardless if $6 or $28, letting them handle it is the most hassle free way to do it.

image.thumb.png.14d7b18165c4b2dd4c84b1c36b38a920.png

• Thanks 1

Hi, Anne,

Whilst Clo's point that visa info should come from the country involved is correct, this is an easy one - and you've already figured it.:classic_smile:

As a Brit passport-holder you won't need a Vietnam visa for your cruise.

Therefore Celebrity shouldn't - and probably won't - issue you with a ship's Vietnam visa (strictly-speaking it's actually a landing card) or charge you. If they do, simply stop by at the purser's office ("Guest Relations") with your passports and they'll remove the charge. 

Happy sailings

JB :classic_smile:

we are considering a cruise on Quantum of the Seas which will visit two ports in Vietnam. we are Australian passport holders.

can someone who has traveled on RCL confirm the prices that they charge for getting a visa when on board?

is it still US$6/person?

is there a price difference if you are sightseeing independently compared to going on a ship's tour (as mentioned for Celebrity ships)?

many thanks in advance for any information/advice.

Yes, RCCL is also $6. I were on Voyager of the Seas last year with four stops in Vietnam. $6 for the landing card which also allowed for individual tours - if you wanted to stay overnight the price for visa issued by the ship wad $25

9 hours ago, whimsy7 said:

we are considering a cruise on Quantum of the Seas which will visit two ports in Vietnam. we are Australian passport holders.

can someone who has traveled on RCL confirm the prices that they charge for getting a visa when on board?

is it still US$6/person?

is there a price difference if you are sightseeing independently compared to going on a ship's tour (as mentioned for Celebrity ships)?

many thanks in advance for any information/advice.

Fees have varied, so even the cost to a passenger visiting today doesn't mean it'll be the same when you go.

But RCI's fee has consistently been under $10, so if you're wondering whether to fix your own tourist visa it'll probably cost more. Best to allow RCI to do the honours.

The one fee covers all Vietnamese ports.

But unlike a tourist visa it's only good for arriving & departing on the ship - and I'm fairly sure that it's no good if you choose to spend a night in a hotel ashore.

It's a flat fee, makes no odds whether you go ashore independently or on a ship's tour.

Which makes me wonder about your comment re Celebrity ships :classic_huh:

Are you sure about that? Same circumstances? 

JB :classic_smile: