Muster station locations

sxphil

I don't mean this to be snarky or facetious, but people often ask location of muster stations before going on a cruise.  I'm just curious, why does it matter?  It will be obvious on the ship, and the only way to change it is to change cabins.  Serious question, no offense meant. 

13 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

I don't mean this to be snarky or facetious, but people often ask location of muster stations before going on a cruise.  I'm just curious, why does it matter?  It will be obvious on the ship, and the only way to change it is to change cabins.  Serious question, no offense meant. 

The reason I ask is I haven't seen BO before the 9 before so I am thinking its indoors but couldn't find anything on google. That's what people do on forums Some people care some people are interested and some people don't give a fig hope that answers your question

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Odd numbers are on the starboard side.  #9 will be the 5th one back.  Muster stations are on deck 4, outside promenade.  

I think the BO denotes somewhere else other than the deck four stations 

6 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

My apologies if I gave bad info.  All my Voyager Class muster stations have been on the outside deck but its been a while.  There might be indoor stations now that I'm not aware of.  

No problem 

I have been on many inside and out but never seen "BO" 

1 hour ago, sxphil said:

The reason I ask is I haven't seen BO before the 9 before so I am thinking its indoors but couldn't find anything on google. That's what people do on forums Some people care some people are interested and some people don't give a fig hope that answers your question

Ok... I wasn't trying to be a jerk.  I really am interested as people ask this all the time.  It just seems like one of the totally irrelevant things since it can't be changed.   But sorry if I offended you. 

By the way, I agree with other posters, I believe it's B-09 and it denotes the lifeboat that you'll get into.   I may be wrong, but as I remember the lifeboat stations are A,B,C,D on the promenade deck.  So it's the spot and boat assignment.   In the "old days" we used to muster on the promenade deck under the boat we were going to enter.  Now they put us in more comfortable spaces but the promenade deck is still sectioned.   But then again, I've been wrong before.

Edited by papaflamingo

36 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

Ok... I wasn't trying to be a jerk.  I really am interested as people ask this all the time.  It just seems like one of the totally irrelevant things since it can't be changed.   But sorry if I offended you. 

By the way, I agree with other posters, I believe it's B-09 and it denotes the lifeboat that you'll get into.   I may be wrong, but as I remember the lifeboat stations are A,B,C,D on the promenade deck.  So it's the spot and boat assignment.   In the "old days" we used to muster on the promenade deck under the boat we were going to enter.  Now they put us in more comfortable spaces but the promenade deck is still sectioned.   But then again, I've been wrong before.

No I wasn't offended at all , I just didn't recognise the B09 

I too have been stood in various places around various ships 

TBH whilst it might be more comfortable being seated in the MDR in a real life emergency I think I would like to be OUTSIDE

Still as I said no offence taken or given  

3 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Sometimes people just want to know stuff - not to change things, not to find a way around things, just, you know, to know.  I think it's an interesting question, one I've never heard before.  

• Like 4

This is an interesting question, and one that will pop up more and more as the new Set Sail passes get printed. I noticed it for the first time for our Freedom cruise coming up in March. 

We've sailed on Freedom 12x and I never wondered where  C12 was until now. I always figured it out once on board. Now it would be interesting to know. 

I'm just inquisitive. That's how you learn, you know 😉

3 hours ago, audome78 said:

This is an interesting question, and one that will pop up more and more as the new Set Sail passes get printed. I noticed it for the first time for our Freedom cruise coming up in March. 

We've sailed on Freedom 12x and I never wondered where  C12 was until now. I always figured it out once on board. Now it would be interesting to know. 

I'm just inquisitive. That's how you learn, you know 😉

Yes once the new system started up,  I thought there would be an increase in "where is this muster station"  And I have noticed that there have been more threads started about this.  I am guessing that there will be a consolidated thread created, to report on the location of muster stations, much like the ones that report on who is the Captain, Cruise director etc.

This how we solve the issue.

We book the same cabin on the same ship each cruise.  That way we know where the cabin is, and the muster station, etc.

Two cruises sailed, two more booked.  8516 on Grandeur.

Now I am locked in, if I were to be in another cabin, I know at least ONCE, I would be at the door of 8516 wondering why it would not open. 

😄

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I want to know because my hubby is in a wheelchair and I'd love to visualize how to get from where ever to the muster station so I can take both obstacles and other bottlenecks into account. We are D17 on navigator of the seas. I can't change it but at least I can plan for it. 

On 5/29/2019 at 10:59 PM, Whizbank said:

I want to know because my hubby is in a wheelchair and I'd love to visualize how to get from where ever to the muster station so I can take both obstacles and other bottlenecks into account. We are D17 on navigator of the seas. I can't change it but at least I can plan for it. 

If he is in wheelchair he does NOT have to go outside.  Mobility issues normally assemble in Boleros.  Check in at the muster station and then check in with person in charge at the location for cruisers with mobility issues.  Do it every cruise for years.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...