1-16-20 Thursday Weigh-In......Half Of January Is Gone..Where Does The Time Go?

Belle

Welcome Natalie!  Sometimes (at least for me) the big goal is daunting and seems almost unobtainable.  I remind myself though that it isn't all or nothing, even if I only lose 25# instead of 50 I will still be in so much better health.  Fifty pounds seems so hard, but a pound a week doesn't sound as bad, and that's 50 in a year 🙂 

I've noticed tracking and being more intentional with my diet that I'm not as "munchie" as I used to be - yay!

Hi everyone, 

Hoping it's ok that I jump in and join the weekly weigh-in threads.  I have a two week trip coming up mid-March with Disney and then a partial transit of the PC.  I'm really hoping to lose at least 20 pounds between now and then!  

I'm hoping that this will add a bit of accountability each week...as of yesterday I am down 1lb.  I have to keep up with drinking 8+ glasses of water each day to flush my system, as well as get on my bike for at least 30 min each night.

Has anyone felt that bringing out the clothes and swim suits you plan on packing, and trying them on helps like a little fire to keep going, or does it lower that confidence and cause you to want to quit?

-Kara

• Like 1

Hello to all the people joining us on our Lose before you Cruise or Lose to Cruise Board.

Welcome Welcome. We're all here for the same reason. Weigh-Ins on Thursdays.

Would name you one by one but I have so many things to do. So a Big Welcome to YOU ALL!

A little change in my cruising schedule...Leave tomorrow for my 5 day and then instead of taking the

15 day Hawaii then the 10 day Mexico I'm............. 

Now will be home 15 days after the 5 day and then do my same 10 day Mexico and then a new 15 day Hawaii.

Why you ask?  I got a move over for my Hawaii cruise. My cruise fare given back as OBC refundable, upgrade 

to a balcony.  Couldn't pass it up. Would you?  This happen around 3:30 pm today.

Everyone have a good weigh-in this week. Someone please start it this week. I'll be back for the next 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 6:33 PM, dreamr said:

For those of you who have posted a small increase, do not get discouraged! Weight changes by the hour, believe it or not. It fluctuates constantly for many different reasons (hormones, whether or not your bladder is full, and who knows what other reasons!). When I first started dieting last year, I would get so discouraged whenever I would step onto my scale and the number would be a pound or two UP instead of down. Until I found an article online about weight fluctuation. The journalist weighed herself every hour for 15 hours. Over those hours, her weight jumped up and down over a 7 pound span. Gaining or losing that much weight in 15 hours is physically impossible. Reading that article (and seeing the pictures of her on the scale) helped me IMMENSELY. So please don't let a one or two pounds gain make you feel like you have failed in any way!

It really does - I try to weight myself at a consistent time every day so I track consistently. I get up and weight myself first thing (well second thing - bathroom first) in the morning so I don't have any water, coffee, or food in my system yet.

On 1/21/2020 at 5:47 PM, karabear15 said:

Hi everyone, 

Hoping it's ok that I jump in and join the weekly weigh-in threads.  I have a two week trip coming up mid-March with Disney and then a partial transit of the PC.  I'm really hoping to lose at least 20 pounds between now and then!  

I'm hoping that this will add a bit of accountability each week...as of yesterday I am down 1lb.  I have to keep up with drinking 8+ glasses of water each day to flush my system, as well as get on my bike for at least 30 min each night.

Has anyone felt that bringing out the clothes and swim suits you plan on packing, and trying them on helps like a little fire to keep going, or does it lower that confidence and cause you to want to quit?

-Kara

Welcome, Kara!  For me it depends on if the clothes fit or not 😉 If they are a little loose I might get complacent, tight and be discouraged, fit right would be an encouragement (too loose would be an encouragement too 😄 ).

• Like 1

I'm ready to join in on this! I'm cruising on April 25th and trying to lose a solid 25 by then! 

I've been constantly losing since the first of the year, I've also cut out meat so that may have something to do with it. I'm looking forward to following y'alls journey!

1 hour ago, NaeMarie said:

I'm ready to join in on this! I'm cruising on April 25th and trying to lose a solid 25 by then! 

I've been constantly losing since the first of the year, I've also cut out meat so that may have something to do with it. I'm looking forward to following y'alls journey!

Welcome --- Its always nice to see new people trying to be healthy ---- every week there is a new post for this adventure ... please let everyone know how you are doing each week.  Good luck on your loss ... looking forward to seeing your post on each weeks thread!  Jan