Transportation from Houston Airport to Galveston

august1963

We used Galveston Express on our last cruise out of Galveston.  They were great!  However, this time, they won't be able to pick us up early enough on our last day to make it in time for our flight out of Houston.  (They don't do a pickup until 9:00 a.m. at the port and our flight out of Houston is at 10:40 a.m.).  Do you have any recommendations for a shuttle service from Houston to Galveston (and back) that will drop us at our hotel on a Friday night and pick us up at the cruise port the next Saturday and take us back to the airport?  I would just like to hire someone that has a good reputation.  Thanks

We used Galveston Limo, and I would recommend them.  https://galvestonlimo.com/

However, as someone has already said, you are going to have a tough time making that flight no matter what transportation service you book.  Especially in Galveston, which is notorious for fog delays.  Your best bet is to book a later flight that day, or one the next day instead.

Thanks for the replies.  I ended up booking Galveston Limo, as they have an 8:05 back to the airport.  We are flying out of Hobby.  The lady said we should make our 10:40 a.m. flight.  Does anyone know about what time they start letting you off the ship if you take off your own luggage?  Thanks for all your replies.

We got off the Vista last Saturday and I've never seen so many people carrying off their own luggage! I'd say the Platinum and Diamonds started getting off about 8:15-8:30 and then they started calling floors. By 10:15 they'd only called 6 decks! It was a madhouse and people were hanging around and getting PO'ed. We almost missed out flight from HOU and it was at 12:45pm!

I think CBP was slowing down the debarkation because once we got off the line was all the way back to the ship! Stay on the right side and grab a porter and they will take you all the way to the front of the line. Best $10 I ever spent!

Good luck, and I hope you have a back up plan in case you don't make it.

Suzy