Bringing Electric fan onboard !!!

We take a desk fan which is used only when we are in our cabin. It is about six inches, clamps to the edge of the counter in our room, and rotates. My husband has a bag with all our electronics it goes into. The bag contains 2 pads, 2 phones, a laptop, charges for each, a plug device that would let you plug multiple devices in one plug which we only use for the extra USB plugs, the fan, our go pro, some items that go with our go pro like charger and float attachment, a universal remote, and cords to plug our laptop in and watch movies on our TV. We always unplug everything and put it in the safe or take it with us so the room steward never has to worry about it. We've never had an issue taking it on planes or cruise ships.

1 hour ago, Daniel1313 said:

Did you ask for a Box fan or just a fan???  Thanks

I did ask for a box fan.     I sent a second message asking if this is a confirmation or just saying she would ask.    So I can be prepared just Incase they don’t have one in room. 

im still bringing my small usb fan with me.  

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Wow they really brought this list to the 21 century to include Hoverboards  and CBD Oil. I haven't looked at it in years. Now I want to check out the other lines.

Which is it you are looking bring onboard, the Oil or Hoverboard?  😎

19 minutes ago, TravelinGert said:

We take a desk fan which is used only when we are in our cabin. It is about six inches, clamps to the edge of the counter in our room, and rotates. My husband has a bag with all our electronics it goes into. The bag contains 2 pads, 2 phones, a laptop, charges for each, a plug device that would let you plug multiple devices in one plug which we only use for the extra USB plugs, the fan, our go pro, some items that go with our go pro like charger and float attachment, a universal remote, and cords to plug our laptop in and watch movies on our TV. We always unplug everything and put it in the safe or take it with us so the room steward never has to worry about it. We've never had an issue taking it on planes or cruise ships.

I have the same suitcase Lolol.  But I have a bunch of camera gear and gopro gear and everything else I need for my electronics.  And I keep my swell water bottles in there and iPad.   And it stays with me on the plane as a carry on.    

F45F6A5B-A3CD-41D0-B38D-E3B5305A69F0.jpeg

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Which is it you are looking bring onboard, the Oil or Hoverboard?  😎

I have  severe osteoarthritis in my left hip  so no Hoverboard for me. Maybe the oil would be of benefit.  I have a surgical consult next week for a hip replacement maybe after that I can look into the Hoverboard. 😁

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have  severe osteoarthritis in my left hip  so no Hoverboard for me. Maybe the oil would be of benefit.  I have a surgical consult next week for a hip replacement maybe after that I can look into the Hoverboard. 😁

Kool! Myself, on a Special Diet so going bring a small Grill to cook special meals on my Balcony. Think I should also bring a Pressure Cooker? Then I'm worried about Security, people getting in my personal space, so going have a couple semiautonomous Drones. One fly above me at all times following me around the ship, other about 50ft off my 9th Deck Balcony as Ship Cruises along... That or I'll bring couple pounds pot with me and all will be good... But no, agree on the Hoverboard, never see me one. Medical Retired Army, multiple Surgeries and total 2yrs Physical Therapy. Function ok but nothing fancy, no Wall Climbing, Jet Ski's, Zip lining, etc. more fragile now. Cruise for me is traveling, eating, resting and little people watching(not the creepy way)

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, KALCJ1 said:

I used to request a fan each cruise, however, the last couple they've replied stating they are no longer available but I can bring my own.

I usually stop at Walmart or Target and pick one up for $15 or less.  I have a battery operated travel fan, but it does not make enough noise. (which is the reason we use it) 🤨😐

I just use a white noise app on my iPhone. I use a white noise machine at home, but use the app when traveling.

Glad I saw this. Just booked the Oasis and was wondering about this subject. I have Tinnitus as a souvenir from the Army and my spouse has bad hot flashes due to her cancer medicine. I am praying we can keep our small fan that also has a battery in it.

I never had a problem on Carnival, Norwegian, or Princess so I should assume its ok on RCCL as well I guess.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

We travel with a 10-inch fan all the time.  It "lives" in our mattress pad suitcase, which is where we also keep Mr. Pcur's inflatable wedge pillow for his back.  It's sort of our "comfort" suitcase.  Well worth bringing, too, as it eliminates discomfort in hard beds, and the fan keeps wherever we stay, land or sea, cool at night.

Since the fan is dual battery/electrical cord, I pack the cord in my carry-on, and the batteries are with my husband.  Folds mostly flat, too.

O2COOL 10 inch Battery or Electric Portable Fan