Personalize your suite email wine question

DC1979

Hello! My first cruise with Celebrity is coming up and I’m looking forward to it! We will be in a Sky suite on the Equinox.  I just received an email from Celebrity about personalizing my suite and one of the questions asked was which type of wine would I like to welcome me to the suite.  I didn’t realize this was a perk, so that was an added bonus.  Given the choices, I’d either go Pinot noir or sparkling, but I thought I’d check on here with those of you that have sailed before - which would be better? I realize the free wine wont be top of the line, but figured one Of the choices may be better than the others.  Thanks for your suggestions!

We have stayed in Sky Suites several times, including this past August, and have never been asked about our room bottle of wine ahead of time.  We most often have been left a sweet white or sparkling, which are not our favorites.  Usually we just ask for a switch to a merlot or something similar.  We usually do get it fairly quickly ( a day or so), but on our last trip, it took 3 reminders to get it changed.  Not really a huge problem, but sometimes we also had to

“ convince” our butler to even make the switch. 

I hope that these two posts mean that we can request a wine type ahead of time for our next scheduled SS in a few months.  Much easier for all!  

Also, we never had a “personalize your suite” email....what else was in the letter? 
Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, DiamondDiva said:

We have stayed in Sky Suites several times, including this past August, and have never been asked about our room bottle of wine ahead of time.  We most often have been left a sweet white or sparkling, which are not our favorites.  Usually we just ask for a switch to a merlot or something similar.  We usually do get it fairly quickly ( a day or so), but on our last trip, it took 3 reminders to get it changed.  Not really a huge problem, but sometimes we also had to

“ convince” our butler to even make the switch. 

I hope that these two posts mean that we can request a wine type ahead of time for our next scheduled SS in a few months.  Much easier for all!  

Also, we never had a “personalize your suite” email....what else was in the letter? 
Thanks for the info.

When I clicked on the link,  I was asked

1) If I was celebrating a special occasion.  If so what occasion and what day.

2) Type of wine I would like -  Sauvignon Blanc Chardonnay Pinot Noir Cabernet Sparking Non-Alcoholic

3) Beds together or separate

4) How I prefer to spend the day in port? I.e. beach, sight setting, golfing, etc.

5) Do I need extra blankets

6) Do I need extra hangars

Thanks for the help all.  I think I’ll go with the Pinot Noir! 🙂 

4 hours ago, 39august said:

I believe contacting Sky suites prior to sailing is a relatively new thing. So perhaps in the future you will get that "personalize" e-mail. 

Interesting. I was in a Sky Suite on Reflection last month, but I didn’t receive that email. Sounds like a nice idea. Maybe I’ll have better luck next time😂

DC1979, I hope you have a wonderful cruise😊

Edited by Silkroad

We had it on the Equinox in Oct.  We got the wine on the day selected for what we designated as our celebration day.  

Got a email for the infinity in Feb, and the Reflection in Mar

All are in a SS. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅