What would you do regarding Delta schedule change?

indy71

1 hour ago, waterbug123 said:

Emphasizes my prior point that where you are seated on the plane is particularly important!

Absolutely. 

This reminds me of the proverbial “Can I make a 10:00am flight after a cruise?” Well, the answer is yes, but if all the pieces fall into place. One or two snafus and the answer is no. 

A connection in SLC will be easy.  My current home airport.  There are "two" terminals, but they are connected inside, so you never have to leave the buildings, so you don't have to worry about being "cold."    I can walk from the last gate in the airport and be outside at the curb waiting for the shuttle in less than 10 minutes.  In the concourses, there are plenty of places for you go grab something to nibble on.    

They are working on a new "airport", with new terminals and concourses now.  Phase 1 is to be finished end of September 2020. That will definitely add some time.   So, we'll have flights going from the "old" and "new" airport possibly.  

“I passed through ATL this weekend. So I decided to conduct a little experiment to see how long it would realistically take to go from one gate to another.” 

Thank you so much, Tapi, for doing this. Very interesting! While I know it’s possible to make the connection, for my peace of mind, I’m glad I changed it to SLC.  It costs me a little time, but no $, and I like my odds better! Thanks to everyone who contributed their thoughts!

Edited by indy71
Additional info
  • Thanks 1