Cancelling a cruise with refundable credit and insurance

judyjudy56

We have a mover cruise scheduled for the end of March.  We have platinum insurance.  We may need to cancel due to a possible surgery for my husband.  We have refundable credit equal to the original cruise.  Does any one know what happens to the refundable credit?  We are hoping to not have to cancel but it's not looking too good.

Edited by judyjudy56

Oh, I really hope you don’t have to cancel.

Your ‘free’ cruise has zero insurable cost.  Your OBC credit is also not insurable.  You probably can get it re-instated; but you are still out the original cruise cost and depending on where you are in the penalty period for the replacement cruise, you may lose some or all of that.  

This is a time that you need to have a good TA who can go to bat for you.  If you have to do it yourself, try and start with the person who handled the move over offer for you. 

We actually boarded a cruise in September and had to get off before sailing.  So ours was not a "cancelled" cruise, the insurance coverage was "trip interruption".  Since we had boarded and "started" the cruise, I thought we might get the refundable OBC.  But, no, we did not.  We just got a "bill" from the medical department.  I wish we had ordered wine with lunch!