Port Canaveral pre cruise hotel suggestions

travelmama06

25 minutes ago, travelmama06 said:

Looking for port Canaveral pre cruise hotel suggestions 

Don't need anything fancy as we will just have time to sleep 

Close to port an asset

Thank you 

the four closest to the port (about a mile)  are Homewood Suites, Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port.  All have the shuttle option for a small fee.

The first three have free breakfast....the Radisson does not but there is a restaurant on site, a family restaurant next door and a McDonalds across the street.

Edited by GTO-Girl

Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach had a "Fly, Stay, and Cruise" package last time I booked it.  It includes a shuttle from MCO, your room, a breakfast buffet, and a shuttle to Port Canaveral.

The hotel is large but not luxurious.  It has a swimming pool, free internet computers in the lobby, and my room had a kitchenette.  It's within walking distance to two grocery stores and many restaurants.  The only problem I saw is its bar was a little iffy safety-wise; it's open to the community, rather than just the hotel guests.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

Howdy travelmama06! emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum that is for general questions about cruising. 👍 

Since your new thread topic concerns hotels in a specific North American Homeport, I have moved your thread to the Florida Departures forum where it will be on-topic. This is where hotel, transportation, dining & embarkation information for Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami, Port Canaveral or Tampa are discussed. Please browse through the thread titles on this new forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have posted questions and received answers that will help you.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience, and you might win a prize from Cruise Critic! emo34.gif See the latest list of winners: Review Your Cruise and You Could Win -- These Members Did! (January 16, 2020)

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

On 1/16/2020 at 7:36 PM, travelmama06 said:

Looking for port Canaveral pre cruise hotel suggestions 

Don't need anything fancy as we will just have time to sleep 

Close to port an asset

Thank you 

Flying into Orlando?  We prefer to stay there, especially with a late arrival, where there are many more hotels to choose from in every price range.  The trip the next morning to the port takes about an hour in a rental car, shared shuttle, Uber, or limo.

34 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Flying into Orlando?  We prefer to stay there, especially with a late arrival, where there are many more hotels to choose from in every price range.  The trip the next morning to the port takes about an hour in a rental car, shared shuttle, Uber, or limo.

If you're arriving late, where you'll just have a snack and sleep, that can work.  But if you're arriving in the afternoon, which is more common, I'd prefer Cocoa Beach.  It's quite pedestrian-friendly, and has stores and restaurants close by.  Most airport hotels are located in car-centric areas with no sidewalks or streetlights, where you gotta drive everywhere.  Which basically confines you to your hotel, and the neighboring store if you're lucky.  (One of my passions is urban planning, so it heavily influences my hotel choices.)

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01