Dialysis patient

Crystalfun

I can't help, but others might be able to, if you give us the port you will be in, rather than just the country.

Does your own dialysis center have a travel coordinator, or publications listing international centers that accept visiting patients?

A quick Google found this search site:  http://www.globaldialysis.com/

Edited by mom says
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Crystalfun said:

hello can someone assist me in locating a center in jamaica and mexico?  

That's a pretty important question to be asking anonymous strangers. Please ask your doctor how to find out this info.

@mom says thank you very much for the information.  I have spent days trying to understand this process just became a little overwhelming.   No assistance from carnival and my center says i need address of centers close to my ports.   So i posted on the site to see if anyone had experience with this.   Have a blessed day 

Hiya Crystalfun, there is another forum here named "Disabled Cruise Travel" that might contain the info you are looking for.  I'm going to try and paste the link below.  If that doesn't work, just scroll down the home page and you will see it under the Cruise Discussion Topics grouping.  I'm sure they exist.  Good luck with the search.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/114-disabled-cruise-travel/

There’s a ‘dialysis traveler’ group on the popular social media site with a face.  Members trade info on dialysis centers in places around the world.  You could join that group, and post there.  Once you come up with a couple of possibilities, your dialysis center should be able to help you with the arrangements.

• Thanks 1

You can't just walk into a dialysis center and get dialyzed......YOUR center, whether you go to a center, or do home dialysis, will have to make the arrangements FOR you...they have to transmit your prescription, your health history, your "dry" weight, your heparin dosage, current TB and Hepatitis results, etc.....

You will need to go thru your clinic.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 7:41 PM, Crystalfun said:

hello can someone assist me in locating a center in jamaica and mexico?  

Howdy Crystalfun and welcome to Cruise Critic! emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum that is for general questions about cruising. 👍 

Since your new thread concerns dialysis, I have moved your thread to the Disabled Cruise Travel forum where it will be on-topic. This is where cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences. Please browse through the thread titles on this new forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will help you.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• 1 month later...