Document arrival

Pendle Witch

We have always booked through a travel agent and collected our flight tickets, boarding documents about 3 week before sailing. This time, as we were part of Thomas Cooks bookings we are now directly under Seabourn. When can we expect out "package" to be delivered, and does it come with the normal mail, or by a private courier? I don't want to be hanging about for it, but obviously don't want to miss it either.

Thanks Mauzac.

In 2018 when we last sailed with them, we got what looked like an iPad carrier, don't think that would have fitted through our mail box lid. Before we have had those leather wallet things which have come in a slim box, that would have fit in easily. We shall wait and see what arrives.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Came home yesterday to a note saying parcel courier service had tried to deliver, it arrived again today, it would certainly not have fit in the mail box with all its packaging. It is sized to fit an iPad, with a cloth bag to keep it in. Two and half weeks prior to flying out. Getting excited.

10 minutes ago, Pendle Witch said:

Came home yesterday to a note saying parcel courier service had tried to deliver, it arrived again today, it would certainly not have fit in the mail box with all its packaging. It is sized to fit an iPad, with a cloth bag to keep it in. Two and half weeks prior to flying out. Getting excited.

We must have a big letterbox then, because ours went through in December!  

Enjoy your cruise!  

4 hours ago, Mauzac said:

We must have a big letterbox then, because ours went through in December!  

Enjoy your cruise!  

Ours came by courier so had to be signed for, but I doubt very much they could have got it in the mailbox. Not sure of the need for the "iPad" cover, or have I got that use completely wrong?

1 hour ago, Pendle Witch said:

Ours came by courier so had to be signed for, but I doubt very much they could have got it in the mailbox. Not sure of the need for the "iPad" cover, or have I got that use completely wrong?

We received ours a couple of weeks ago (departing for Barbados tomorrow 😀) and Bill the Postie had to knock on the door as the package wouldn't fit through our standard size letter box.

I'm delighted with the 'ipad holder' design. Not only do I have all travel docs, passports etc in the case, the iPad & iPhone also fit nicely. Makes a change for style & substance to align !    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, machotspur said:

We received ours a couple of weeks ago (departing for Barbados tomorrow 😀) and Bill the Postie had to knock on the door as the package wouldn't fit through our standard size letter box.

I'm delighted with the 'ipad holder' design. Not only do I have all travel docs, passports etc in the case, the iPad & iPhone also fit nicely. Makes a change for style & substance to align !    

Think I'm going to have to give it a proper try. Enjoy your cruise.

Hmm... I have to ask--what exactly is a letterbox and are they particular sizes?  In the United States, we have all kinds of mailboxes, and in our particular case, have a covered slot through our front door.  If something won't fit into the mail slot, it is left on the front porch.  

8 hours ago, SLSD said:

Hmm... I have to ask--what exactly is a letterbox and are they particular sizes?  In the United States, we have all kinds of mailboxes, and in our particular case, have a covered slot through our front door.  If something won't fit into the mail slot, it is left on the front porch.  

A letter-box is like a covered slot through your front door!!

8 minutes ago, Philandher said:

A letter-box is like a covered slot through your front door!!

Exactly this. 

SLSD, I'd say that the letter-box is still more frequently found in the UK than a mailbox but certainly in my area, mailboxes attached to the external wall just next to the front entrance to the house are becoming quite popular as an alternative.  

As for size, our letterbox is quite narrow so lots of packages which may fit sideways are too deep/thick to go through the slot. Such is the case for our SB docs. 

Deliveries are by Royal Mail ('Postie' is our regular mailman) or by other courier companies. Some are notorious for leaving packages in stupid places if the recipient isn't home when they call. 

We have a big letterbox and the docs package just about squeezed in, though the envelope scuffed.

Big letter box + tenacious postie = more deliveries inside, rather than flung in the garden or left with our next door neighbour (with whom we have been having a running dispute for years because he plays his (only) Roy Orbinson CD too loudly when he has had too much to drink, which is frequently).

10 hours ago, Flamin_June said:

We have a big letterbox and the docs package just about squeezed in, though the envelope scuffed.

Big letter box + tenacious postie = more deliveries inside, rather than flung in the garden or left with our next door neighbour (with whom we have been having a running dispute for years because he plays his (only) Roy Orbinson CD too loudly when he has had too much to drink, which is frequently).

Maybe buy him another CD to your taste!!